A Brief History of Time: CoinTalk edition

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by geekpryde, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Wow, way to go @geekpryde ! Looks like that took a lot of work. Interesting info there.
    Curtisimo and geekpryde like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I'd be curious to see how high BNB would be in the "Most Generated Views" category had a lot of his threads not been deleted; even at that, 51 is an impressive feat.

I can't remember this forum ever being more alive than when that guy was here. We could've had a reality show.
    Lehigh96 likes this.
  4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot

OMG, I had almost forgotten about him, Travis! thanks alot!!! LOL
  5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 Senior Member

#89 most generated views for me. I'm proud of that! Time to work harder and move up the list for the next time!
    geekpryde likes this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 Senior Member

Jwt708 and tmoneyeagles like this.
  7. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Blasphemy, how could you ever forget Jared Jay Cassesa. By far, the most entertaining member in coin forum history, and that isn't limited to just Cointalk. Dude was prolific on every major coin forum. Her turned a 3-legged Buffalo into a virtual soap opera. Miss that dude so much!
    mikenoodle likes this.
  8. mikenoodle

I figured he'd be president by now
  9. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

It was actually Jarett!

I wish I would've downloaded some of his YouTube videos, that dude was a trip. Definitely would've handled him differently than I did if he came back around, though my memories of the sparring matches are all fond. The best ones are all gone unfortunately, even on CU.

That might've been the worst part of BNB--how he and his threads were handled. CU was giving out bans Oprah style. Myself and stinkinlincoln are the casualties I can remember. Larry received a temporary ban, and I think tradedollarnut might've gotten one too. I vaguely remember Mark Feld being in the wrong place at the wrong time on one thread, but don't quite remember if it was BNB related. Regardless, the hammer came down on everybody because of him.

And ATS they think that Doug's the tyrant. :rolleyes:
  10. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father

I like to think of him more as a Benevolent Dictator.
  11. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father

Consider it done. It only took me 3 years! :wideyed:
  12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

C'mon now guys, let's at least get the name right - Ogre of the Internet :D

doug 2.jpg
    Curtisimo and tmoneyeagles like this.
  13. mikenoodle

Doug is like an onion!?!
  14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

mikenoodle likes this.
  15. Charles..

Charles.. New Member

Recently started getting into precious metals and I gotta say it's complicated I hope these forums can give me some insight
  16. Coinpennyman88

Coinpennyman88 New Member

how can i post a picture of my penny ? im new
  17. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It's pretty simple, when you care making a post and want to add a pic just click on the Upload a File button, and then follow the prompts.
Draft saved Draft deleted