2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

The mint announces a 25th anniv. 5 coin set due to go on sale by the end of October. This set will contain a 2011 W proof, a 2011 W silver eagle, a 2011 S silver eagle, a reverse proof silver eagle from philly, and a bullion silver eagle. Read all about it at the us mint press release, household limit of 5 sets. I say i'm a buyer :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I'm interested in that reverse proof. I might get this set depending upon what the mint wants for it.

4. SILVER E C-C

I'll bet they are around $375 to $400, but they will still be very collectable.

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

how could you not buy that

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

7. SILVER E C-C

I'm really excited that they are selling these sets, they should be very nice. I see that this thread has already been posted.

8. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

* one proof coin from the United States Mint at West Point
    * one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at West Point
    * one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at San Francisco
    * one reverse proof coin (frosted background with polished, mirror-like design elements/foreground) from the United States Mint at Philadelphia
    * one bullion coin

Each is a 5 ounce coin and I am not a fan of the 5 ounce coin, Wish they would make sets in the 1 ounce coin

9. green18

Buzz? Read the fine print. They're one ounce coins.....:)

10. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Ummm... these are not 5oz coins, they are 1oz coins like regular silver eagles.

11. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

My mistake thanks for the correction, Need to put my reading glasses on!! I'll buy 5 sets 2 for me and 3 to Ebay.

12. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I'm in, are they going to limit the number of total sets?

13. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

How many 2006 sets did they mint?

14. green18

15. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Yeah, I've admired that reverse proof in that set and regret that I didn't get one when it was issued by the mint.

16. avr5700

avr5700 Member

This set had me at 'reverse'. And it's gonna have me five times over! :D Oh yeah!

Thanks for the notice.

17. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

100,000 of these sets, I hope I can snag one.. that would be all I can hope for figuring 500.00 the set

18. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

Ill try get 1 for me 1 to flip, Im guessing the set will be in the range of $350 to low $400s

19. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

This set needs a companion ;)

Attached Files:

20. avr5700

avr5700 Member

That's just painful. Hope you're way over the actual price with that estimate!

21. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I'll probably try to order the limit, whether it's five, or if they cut it back to one. I was glad to hear that they will mint the 25th Anniv ASE Reverse Proof, but sad to hear that they will be stuffing 4 more ounces of silver in the box that everyone will have to buy in order to get one. It's been a record year for ASE sales this year, and not like they have had a hard time selling them, so I don't understand their reasoning or thinking behind why they would want to try and keep the smaller collectors from being able to purchase one. A great 25th Anniversary coin...... and they are doing everything they can possibly do to either push silver, or to keep the little guy out? Why? I would prefer that they cut the 5 coin sets back to 50,000, and sell the other 50,000 individually. That would seem to be a more fair way for everyone that wants one to be able to get it.

I would also love it in gold. I haven't seen any news release about it, but maybe they will go ahead and produce the 25th Anniversary AGE reverse proof this year too. Maybe even incorporate ASE and AGE in a set? Oh well, as long as I'm wishing, I guess I could wish they would finally produce the Palladium Ultra High Relief $20 Double Eagle coin too.

Draft saved Draft deleted