25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set PRICE WATCH

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

Good thread but it's getting repetitive with the new threads on the 25th ASE. I'll be watching this thread.

Seen a bunch on eBay with BIN for around $700. Not too bad if you think about it.

4. Danr

Danr Numismatist

lets post only auctions that have closed with a sale not those bin's that have prices that are not connected to actual value. I know that the ASE threads are proliferating and I had my doubts on posting this one- but I thought that this could be of actual use (as opposed to just blowing smoke)

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Tell ya the truth, these auctions have been running with the promise of coming up with the goods. I await the auctions that state, "product in hand". Then let's see where the prices go.....

6. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Can we create a category for all these threads?

7. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

It's so tempting to start selling these sets for $700 each but I really think the prices are going to drive up when people actually start receiving their sets. Many sets are going to come out of the original mint packaging and we'll see the flippers slowly disappear.

I would really like to figure out how eBay's API works so that I can track keyword sales data. I can do it manually but it's too much work. I think it's important to track the number of auctions for 25th anniversary sets. It looks like supply continues to increase...

If I had tons of money and wanted to invest more, I still think that these sets are cheap at $600.

8. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

[​IMG]

9. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Agreed, things will definitely get interesting. Very excited

10. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Hmm that $3000 auction has no bids listed. The $600 auction only has one bid. One might think there is some funny stuff going on. Maybe it has to do with bidding on something the party doesn't have.

11. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

This one ended today. 21 bids, $646, free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Americ...863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb8d1e857

Ended today. 9 bids, $620, free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-25th-A...549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6805e885

5 sealed sets. Sold today. Best offer. $3,350 or $670 per set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-2011-AMER...515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aaabef7b

Basically 56 individual sets have sold for $600 or more, just today, Oct. 30th. Along with many sets of 5 selling for over $600 today. Along with a single reverse proof that was sold for $389 by itself.

By 7 p.m. today, 146 sets have been sold and can most likely be considered off the market.

12. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I think that serious flippers are willing to pay $600 for these sets, they might not be off the market.

13. Danr

Danr Numismatist

it seems like the green listings (meaning sold) are mostly in the range (some are $600+) but the 2 linked were both green meaning sold

14. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

15. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

supply is increasing and prices are dropping. Fewer people are also in front of their computers on Sundays.

16. cannonfodder

cannonfodder New Member

17. fatima

fatima Junior Member

It's interesting, its the same ID's bidding up the price on these auctions as the ones above. One of the IDs seems to stop at $1500.

18. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

I was watching some ebay auctions yesterday and the individual sets were selling between $600 and $635 with a few in the upper $500's and a couple a little over the $635 price. Now, of course these are pre-sales and once the items are available for shipping from the sellers, my guess is that the prices will shoot up as frenzied buyers try to get the sets for Christmas gifts and dealers start buying up the sets to get their hands on the P and S coins.
    I saw one thread that estimated that these two coins could reach as much as $1,200 each. An investment of $600 right now for a dealer probably isn't all that much for them to shell out to realize prices like that. I think that there will be a dealer grab for these coins initially until the sets reach a price that makes it no longer profitable for them to peel off the two valuable coins and dump the leftover coins. I wonder what the calculation is that they use? Could it be something like...

2 x $1,200 = $2,400
    3 x $50 = $150
    Total possible worth at max value if realized give or take = $2,550 per set
    $2,550 profit - $600 = $1,950 per set

As price per set increases:

$2,550 max - $700 ebay set cost = $1,850 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $800 ebay set cost = $1,750 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $900 ebay set cost = $1,650 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1000 ebay set cost = $1,550 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1100 ebay set cost = $1,450 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1200 ebay set cost = $1,350 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1300 ebay set cost = $1,250 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1400 ebay set cost = $1,150 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1500 ebay set cost = $1,050 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1600 ebay set cost = $950 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1700 ebay set cost = $850 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1800 ebay set cost = $750 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $1900 ebay set cost = $650 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $2000 ebay set cost = $550 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $2100 ebay set cost = $450 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $2200 ebay set cost = $350 profit per set
    $2,550 max - $2300 ebay set cost = $250 profit per set

The big winner here? EBAY!!!!!!! :dead-horse:

19. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I just had a thought about these high prices. I see a lot of the bidders are new accounts. I wonder if people are creating new accounts and bidding the auctions up to try to increase the overall price of the ones sold. It's like creating a false bidding frenzy. Since they are new accounts, they don't have to worry about ever paying for them and then just abandon the account. Just a thought, although I hope this isn't what is happening.

20. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

buy at $600.00 can still make double profit soon. just wait for those dealers, home shopping companies grab their shares and enough to push it up to over $1,000.00 a set.

21. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

I doubt it. Not necessary and not worth the hassle. If something you have sells, you owe ebay the fees. It's a lot of communication and a big hassle to get the fees dropped.

Draft saved Draft deleted