!!The Golden Coin Hunt!!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by dak, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dak

dak The Nickel Nut

Ok as promised, here is the next stage of the Free Gold contest... Quite simply, Find the real gold coin! I threw a collection of coins together including the prize coin and a bunch of others, (this is your first glimpse of the PRIZE, now you need to help me find it! Only problem is my camera took the picture in black and white!!! Help me find it for a bonus point award of 20 points towards the 100 points needed to win the coin!

How to compete: Copy the picture attached to this thread and open it with a photo editing program of your choice ( paintbrush even works well!) and circle the coin you hunted down and believe to be the real gold coin! Then repost the picture with your selection circled here in this thread! Don't be overgenerous with your circle as if I think you are just "fishing" the hunt will go on! If the gold coin is not found in a reasonable amount of time, I will provide pictures in color! You (each contestant) are allowed only one guess per 24 hours, so make it a good one!!!

The coin could be anywhere in this mess, and may even be partially covered so time to hunt it down for me!

As always, please no editing your posts once posted or your entry will be disqualified as I don't want to deal with accusations of cheating!!

Once the coin is found, there will be opportunities for additional bonus points! So check back often!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dak

dak The Nickel Nut

So as of now the contest standings in the FREE GOLD CONTEST are:

RLM's Cents: 15 Bonus Points
    DaggarJon: 5 Bonus Points
    Topher:5 Bonus Points
    N Sandler4: 1 Bonus Point

This portion of the contest is worth 20 points so with this one stage, anybody can take the lead!!

4. dak

dak The Nickel Nut

Be careful in your circling! There are a few world coins tossed into the bunch that could be easily mistaken for GOLD!! So with that last tip... Have at it!

5. crzy3by

crzy3by Member

this is my wild guess as I am not familiar with any gold coins..:smile

Attached Files:

6. bluishblack_78

bluishblack_78 New Member

IS THIS THE GOLD COIN? (under the 1 cent..)

Attached Files:

7. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

Is this it?

Attached Files:

8. hamman88

There's a lot of sacs in there. Maybe the prize is the coveted 2000-w gold sac!

9. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

Gonna have to say this one, looks kind of like a morgan reverse, but just seems too small.
    [​IMG]

10. sun8smile3

sun8smile3 New Member

maybe this is the gold coin.:whistle:

Attached Files:

11. hamman88

try this

Attached Files:

12. Topher

Topher New Member

Lots of Lincolns and Sacs, with what I think is one or two bimetallics as well. Here's my guess, partially covered by the Lincoln.

Attached Files:

13. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

hnere is my guess, left of what looks like the reverse of a standing liberty quarter, and partially buried under a lincoln

Attached Files:

14. n_sandler4

n_sandler4 Paul

I'm going to have to go with this coin as well....

Attached Files:

15. hamman88

You can't copy me!

16. n_sandler4

n_sandler4 Paul

Chill out, you had two guesses before I got here...He knows you guessed first....

17. n_sandler4

n_sandler4 Paul

Oh by the way, read the rules. One guess per 24 hours....sorry....

18. hamman88

lol, oops
    I won't make another one in a while then

19. hamman88

ahhh, I think I found it, but I'm not allowed to guess!

20. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Here is my guess

Attached Files:

21. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

ok i think i added the phote right it is below the lincoln in the front

god i cant seem to get something to like paint a circle or something but it is below the lincoln the the right in the front

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.