Ay CARRumba!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cascade, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Got my Die Pair 2's :cigar:

20170101_112025~2.jpg 20170101_112119~2.jpg 20170101_112138~2.jpg 20170101_112351~2.jpg 20170101_112508~2.jpg 20170101_112542~2.jpg 20170101_113542~2.jpg 20170101_113706~2.jpg 20170101_113738~2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

4. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they were struck multiple times, or just with more pressure, or both ? Nice, btw.

5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

They'd have to be struck multiple times, in my novice opinion...

@Cascade, either you're a master photographer or that first coin is a beauty of a cameo!

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

If the anti-Carr's can't post our opinions, why can the pro-Carr's post their obvious counterfeit and illegal purchases? If we're going to get shut down everytime we post, it seems the most logical position of CoinTalk is that all Carr posts are not allowed - both pro and anti.

saltysam-1 and Rick Stachowski like this.
  7. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

They are over-struck two or three times at 300 tons.

8. Johndoe2000$

Didn't you just get instructions to stop this type of posting ?

Cascade likes this.
  9. Johndoe2000$

Thank you.

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Who said we couldn't post our opinions? I haven't gotten any messages or warnings from mods....
    As far as the OP token, it looks like a nice piece of silver bullion, I guess. The PL ones look like they came out less sharp. Like a muddy strike from being pounded too many times or something. For that reason, they look less like real Morgan dollars to me, and more like the "off-brand" copies you see on eBay. JMO

11. physics-fan3.14

I'm asking the question as to why I'm instructed to stop my anti-Carr posting while the pro-Carr posters allowed to operated unheeded. If I have to stop anti-Carr posting, why are they allowed to post? It is either unfair, biased, or unthought-out. I need to know how the "rules" are being interpreted.

12. physics-fan3.14

In the recent thread on the seller of Chinese Counterfeits who was convicted, we were warned to cease and desist by @desertgem. I'm asking for a clear clarification of the rules.

13. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

As far as I can tell, you've never refrained from posting your opinion.
    Has a moderator ever edited or deleted one of your posts ?
    If anything, the moderators here seem to be extremely lenient towards the "anti" posters.

Chiefbullsit and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  14. physics-fan3.14

Moderator desertgem posted this in another thread just this evening. I'm merely asking for a clarification of the rules, and/or how they are being interpreted. If one side is allowed to post, the other side must also.

If one side is warned against posting, the other side must also.

15. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

It look way too much like a bullion coin rather a fantasy Morgan dollar coin. The first one of 1964 for Daniel Carr (die 1) look much better.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Give it up Jason. How can a coin be counterfeit if it never existed?

17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Look... we're in a cycle and it'll never stop unless the rules change. Pro-Carr posters make a new thread about his tokens twice a week. Anti-counterfeiters and non-supporters reply and refuse to concede. I'll keep going on posting my opinion just like everyone else will. It won't stop. We should all get used to it. Heck, for all I know Cascade creates all these threads because he gets a kick out of it... thinking he's promoting DC's work and career. But it's cool. That won't deter me. I just post my thoughts and make my points whenever I feel like it.

18. ddddd

ddddd Member

19. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

The moderator let stand the post below (from another thread) where you outright called me a "counterfeiter":

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I just posted a recent purchase Jason. Its you (and others) who keep on with this attitude like a dog with a bone that was/is the problem. Just like you are doing here. Not those who simply posts a Carr item. I merely posted some coins I just received and look what you are turning it into. That is what Jim was trying to alleviate, apparently with no effect.

Really @C-B-D, you think I get kicks out of this or do this specifically to antagonize you guys. That's rich. No, I do it because it's a new purchase that others would like to see just like how everyone else here posts new purchases.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You guys should have this much passion for the crap coming out from China.

Draft saved Draft deleted