[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, April, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, April, 2019

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Tuesday, April 30, 2019.

Contest now CLOSED. Winners announced in Post #143.

2019-April-giveaway-banner.png

Hi, everybody, and welcome to the latest monthly giveaway!

This month there are six prize lots given by five donors.

Like last month, each winner will get to choose the prize he or she wants, in the order of their winning. (First winner drawn gets first pick, second winner drawn gets second pick, and so on.)

In other words, there will be six drawings and each contestant will have six chances to win something!

My fine donor partners this month are:

So many thanks to them for their generosity!

To enter:

1. Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

2. In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like. This can anything- as creative, funny, interesting, or inquisitive as you choose to make it- but coin-related somehow.

3. To expedite the prize allotments after the drawings at the end of the month, please specify your prize choice, in order of preference. (List your first favorite choice, second favorite, etc., in order.) The first winner drawn will get his or her first pick, and then the next winner will get his or her first pick from the remaining prizes, and so on.

• If your lucky number (the permalink number of your entry post) comes up in the drawing at the end of the month, you've won a prize. Drawings are done with the random.org True Random Number Generator.
    • To see how this works and has played out before, look at some of the past monthly giveaways (I'll put an archive of those in Post #2).
    • I will gladly ship prizes outside the USA (or reimburse donor partners for doing so), but if international shipping proves too costly, I do reserve the right to substitute prizes (such as with an electronic PayPal gift, etc).
    • If you are a minor, we're delighted to have you play, but please make sure you have your parents' permission to enter this giveaway, since if you win, we will be required to ask for your mailing address.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Prize #1, from @lordmarcovan:

An 1864-BB French 1-centime piece of Napoleon III, Strasbourg mint, ICG certified MS64 BN.

(Presently all I have is this poor one-sided slab shot, but I might try to add better pictures when the coin is in hand. Here's an 1862-A in NGC MS64 RB for comparison. That coin is slightly nicer- more red- but is from a more common mint.)

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 1A.jpg

Prize #2, from @lordmarcovan and @Paddy54:

(Paddy gave these to me as a freebie bonus when I bought a coin from him recently. He doesn't know he's listed as a donor, but credit where credit is due.)

(3) Proof Jefferson nickels dated 1958, 1961, and 1962.

(Not Cameos or anything, but nice brilliant coins with flashy mirrors.)

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 2A.jpg 2019-April-giveaway-Prize 2B.gif

Prize #3, from @Nas:

(1) assorted lot of US coins, including silver.

(A nice lot, including a 1950 year set in a snaplock holder.)

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 3.jpg

Prize #4, also from @Nas:

(Who's been quite the generous fellow in recent giveaways, I might add.)

(1) Silver French Euro coin commemorative, 2004, in mint packaging.

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 4.jpg

Prize #5, from @kazuma78:

(He won a prize in last month's giveaway so he decided to become a donor this month!)

A mixed lot of one dozen assorted US and World coins.

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 5A.jpg

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 5B.jpg

Prize #6, from @mrbadexample:

(Who's not living up to his name, since he's setting a good example. He too was a winner in last month's giveaway and wanted to give something back. He worried that this was a rather humble prize, since he got these from circulation in the UK, but I assured him that nobody would complain about that, since they'll be getting them for free. And besides, the designs and shapes of the coins are kind of fun. We don't have stuff like this in circulation in the USA, right?)

(6) British 50-pence pieces of various commemorative designs.

2019-April-giveaway-Prize 6A.JPG 2019-April-giveaway-Prize 6B.JPG

Bayern, Trish, Stevearino and 10 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Archive of LordM & Friends CoinTalk giveaways
    (There were a few others, but these were the ones that kind of settled into a regular monthly pattern.)

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post

The year I was born!
    IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG

3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 1

Thanks to all of you!

Chris

5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

ENTRY POST
    CoinBlazer Press Release- I will be purchasing a XF Capped Bust Quarter within the next month or so. Keep on the look out for updates.

Ima Dragon and Bayern like this.
  6. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    My worn down worn out Libby’s taking a walk. 65D03D7C-8B1C-40AD-9519-634027CF00EC.jpeg A3B0FC1B-B784-41B3-94BA-8458BE795B45.jpeg 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 6

Good luck to all.

7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST

A personal favorite from my collection an 1896 Great Britain LX Crown.

IMG-1058.JPG IMG-1059.JPG

8. lordmarcovan

Just bought a Capped Bust quarter myself, as a matter o' fact. Not XF, but wholesome. First I've had in a while.

Can't remember if I've ever owned an XF CBQ. Don't think so. Best I can recall having is VF25 for the large sized ones and VF35 for the reduced size ones.

Ima Dragon and CoinBlazer like this.
  9. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Awesome

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. tken1950

tken1950 Member

"Entry Post" Walking to collect my prize[​IMG]

Ima Dragon, Bayern and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Entry Post and thanks for the opportunity! Coin Club Coin show in Sidney, Ohio. IMG_1010 (1).JPG

12. lordmarcovan

You last two haven't chosen your prize order by preference.

13. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Entry Post - 3,1,6,5,4,2

money-banking-allowance-pocket_money-spending_money-investment-business_sense-aban2849_low.jpg

14. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I got a phone call and my mind went elsewhere. 3, 5, 4, 6, 1, 2

Ima Dragon and lordmarcovan like this.
  15. cpm9ball

@Bradley Trotter selected #6 twice by mistake.

Chris

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

My mistake replace the final 6 with option 2.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. cpm9ball

You didn't select the order of your prizes!

@lordmarcovan - I'll send you a bill later!

Chris

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

Entry post .prize order 365421 topic fake coins. If fake coins are so hard for a avid collector to detect then why don't the people stacking silver in of case of a society breakdown just stack fake coins the are much cheaper. You could diversify with bullets and something to bribe other people to move on to lower hanging fruit and not kill you and take all your stuff. You could give them booze or food in lieu of an all out fire fight where the might take casualties. It would be a cake walk for a properly trained 4 man team to take everything you have. Unless you have a better team. I digress. I was told there was a lot of counterfeit money at the time of the civil war.This is just my opinion.Not facts.

Ima Dragon and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. Entry post. Prize order 365421. It doesn’t make cents to call it a penny unless you say it with a British accent.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

entry post

My reward for trying to coin roll hunt half dollars last week. Yes, it is plastic. 20190404_142550.jpg 20190404_142612.jpg

Bayern, Shrews1994 and lordmarcovan like this.
  21. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

NOT an entry post. I’ve won one or two in the past and will hold off on entering a few more months. Even so, awesome prizes, here’s a couple Conder Tokens I have had hiding in a stash for a while but finally uncovered and cataloged.

C7D664B7-0415-4F0B-9AEF-1ABAE760E4A2.jpeg AD747CAF-74C1-4AB9-BE37-857BCB172BB6.jpeg AFF11172-1485-448B-8C64-9CB87BBA59A0.jpeg 28D2F2B5-979A-44BE-AD61-3EBF0D923954.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.