[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Giveaway, February 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, February, 2019

Contest now CLOSED - winners announced in Post #174.

Feb 2019 giveaway- banner.jpg

Hi, everybody, and welcome to the latest monthly giveaway!

We've got an extra-fun one this month, since five people have thrown stuff into the kitty, making for a nice assortment of prizes.

Not only that, there are seven prizes, so we'll have seven different drawings and each winner will get to choose the prize he or she wants, in the order of their winning. (First winner drawn gets first pick, second winner drawn gets second pick, and so on.)

In other words, each contestant will have seven chances to win something!

My donor partners this month are:

@dwhiz
    @CoinBlazer
    @Nas
    @spirityoda

So many thanks to them for their generosity!

To enter:

1. Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

2. In addition to the words "entry post", post something else else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like. This can be as creative, funny, interesting, or inquisitive as you choose to make it.

3. New this month (February 2019): I will also ask you to post your selections of the seven prizes, in order of preference. (List your first favorite choice, second favorite, third favorite, and so on, in order.) This will expedite the prize allotments at the end of the month.

• If your lucky number (the permalink number of your entry post) comes up in the drawing at the end of the month, you've won a prize. Drawings are done with the random.org True Random Number Generator.
    • To see how this works and has played out before, look at some of the past monthly giveaways (I'll put an archive of those in Post #2).
    • I will gladly ship prizes outside the USA (or reimburse donor partners for doing so), but if international shipping proves too costly, I do reserve the right to substitute prizes (such as an electronic PayPal gift, etc).
    • If you are a minor, we're delighted to have you play, but please make sure you have your parents' permission to enter this giveaway, since if you win, we will be required to ask for your mailing address.

~*~*~*~

Prize #1, from @lordmarcovan: a silver Lithuania half-groschen coin struck in 1558, under the reign of Sigismund II Augustus of Poland, and featuring the charging knight symbol of Lithuania with a nice heraldic eagle on the other side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prize #2, from @dwhiz: a largish assortment of World and US coins, old and new. @dwhiz will ship this to the winner.

Feb 2019 giveaway- dwhiz.jpg

Prize #3, from @CoinBlazer: a new spiral bound 2019 edition of the Red Book of US coins. @CoinBlazer shipped it to me, so I will ship it to the winner.

Feb 2019 giveaway- CoinBlazer.jpg

Prize #4, from @Nas: (2) United States proof sets, 1994-S and 2000-S (the latter minus the quarters, I think?), and (1) 1999-P&D Uncirculated mint set. @Nas will ship this prize lot to the winner.

Feb 2019 giveaway- Nas1a.jpg Feb 2019 giveaway- Nas1b.jpg

Prize #5, from @spirityoda: a bimetallic 2011 10-peso coin from Uruguay, with their iconic "puma" design.

Feb 2019 giveaway- Spirityoda1.jpg

Prize #6, from @spirityoda: a trimetallic 2011 Faeroe Islands 50-kronur coin featuring a ram. These beautiful and colorful coins were a fantasy issue, not intended for circulation. It's difficult to see in these photos, but these coins have three distinct bands of colored metal, with pinkish and gold colored rings surrounding a silver- colored center. Their appearance is quite striking.

Feb 2019 giveaway- Spirityoda2a.jpg Feb 2019 giveaway- Spirityoda2b.jpg

Prize #7, from @spirityoda: a .925 silver 1990 Netherlands 50 gulden "100 Years of Queens" commemorative, ICG certified Proof-68 Deep Cameo, with an unusual and ultra-modernistic design. Note the flinty, "chiseled" appearance of the queens' portraits on the reverse! This issue had a relatively low mintage of 34,500 pieces and is catalogued as KM#214.

Feb 2019 giveaway- Spirityoda3a.jpg
    Feb 2019 giveaway- Spirityoda3b.jpg

I believe @spirityoda will be shipping these to the winners, but if he ships them to me instead, I will distribute them. We'll do it whichever way works best for him.

Many thanks to my donor partners, past and present.

Hope everyone has fun, and a nice month! :)

~RWS/"LM"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Bayern, Andres2, Rich Buck and 12 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Archive of LordM & Friends CoinTalk giveaways
    (There were a few others, but these were the ones that kind of settled into a regular monthly pattern.)

4. lordmarcovan

(Couldn't fit all the uploads in the OP, so loading another set of pics here)

Attached Files:

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post!

Like the candy bar commercial...…..this is 4.55 ounces of "Aw, yeah!"
    Enterprise vs. Morgan.JPG
    Thanks for the contest, everyone! If I get lucky, my prize selections, in order, will be...…

4/11, 3/11, 5/11, 6/11, 7/11, 8/11, 10/11

Chris

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Cool image. I'll take the kitty in the middle. ;)

Bayern and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Entry Post!
    My preferences are: 2, 7, 4, 6, 1, 3 and 5.
    Sharing my Brazilian 1st and 2nd Families collection, from 1994 to 2018. There are some rare or scarce coins still missing .
    PB080002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
  8. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

Guys, there are 7 prizes, not 11. ;) Some of the coins have separate images for obverse and reverse, and @Nas appears to be giving away two proof sets *and* two uncirculated sets.

lordmarcovan and Nas like this.
  9. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

"Entry Post"

I wanted some money tokens for a project I'm working on, and these seem just right for playing "Settlers of Catan"... especially "Cities & Knights" or "Explorers & Pirates". So I bought a roll from eBay.uk:

s-l1600.jpg

I will edit this post to add my choices in order once I figure out which one is which.

Tentative order of preference:
    1) #1 1558 Lithuania half-groschen coin
    2) #6 SpiritYoda's trimetallic 2011 Faeroe Islands 50-kronur
    3) #7 SpiritYoda Netherlands PR68
    4) #5 SpiritYoda Uruguay coin
    5) #4 nas1a's U.S. mint sets
    6) #2 dwhiz eclecticity
    7) #3 coinblazer 2019 Red Book

Thanks to everyone involved!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. lordmarcovan

Whoa there, early birds!

I haven't even created the prize list yet! The prize numbers will not necessarily correspond to the order I uploaded those pictures in.

What are those "/11"s all about? Your entry post is eligible, but you might want to reconsider your prize preference order once I've finished posting the list. (And that's fine.)

That is Annabelle. To give you some idea of her temperament, we usually just call her "Nastybelle". She's pretty, but definitely not one of our more sociable critters. ;)

Nice big batch! As I told @cpm9ball, your entry post is valid but you might want to wait and repost your prize pick list once I've actually posted and numbered the prizes!

Wait 'til the "under construction" sign goes away. :)

11. lordmarcovan

The old coin at the top of your prize pick list is from Lithuania, just like the roll you posted. It is a much earlier use of the same charging knight (Lithuania's symbol).

In this case, it is my contribution this month. It is a 1558 (Polish) Lithuania half-groschen piece. I have a PCGS MS63 1550 example in my "Eclectic Box" collection. I love the type. This one (the giveaway prize) is around VF.

LaCointessa and Dougmeister like this.
  12. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thanks Rob.

13. cpm9ball

Sorry! I was using the numbers, 1/11, 2/11, etc., that showed up at the bottom-right of each image, skipping those that pertained to the same item. I assumed that you put those numbers there for the selections.

Chris

14. cpm9ball

Larry, don't forget to say "E#%@* P&$%"!

Chris

NOTE: I didn't want to say EP twice and be disqualified.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  15. cpm9ball

Okay, here are my revised selections now that the construction sign has been stolen.:eek:

4 :cool: 2 :cool: 3 :cool: 7 :cool: 5 :cool: 1 :cool: 6

Chris

16. lordmarcovan

Great.

Not the most enthusiastic looking emojis, though... ? ;)

OK, folks, I've finally got the list created in the OP (original post), so you can make up your wish lists now!

We're up and running, finally.

So to recap, every contestant needs to:

1. type "entry post" in their first reply,
    2. post something- anything- coin-related, and...
    3. post your order of preference for the seven prizes.

Good luck! :)

Stevearino likes this.
  17. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry post.

I’m loving this snowball effect folks (all of you donating prizes) and will join the list of donors when I get back from time in the South.

Had to go to AZ to receive my first ATB Minnesota “Voyageurs National Park” quarter. One of the worst nights of my life was spent in this park five years ago:
    zipper on the tent was broken allowing hoards of mosquitoes to attack, rain all night soaking me in my sleeping bag, and losing a year of my life in fright when my friend’s big black wet lab leaped on me in the middle of the pitch-black night.

I have been looking for this quarter to give to my friend as a reminder of that $@#%€ night.

Half groschen
    US/world coins
    Proof and mint sets
    Faeroe 50 kr.
    Netherlands 50 g.
    Redbook
    Uruguay 10 peso

Steve 5790091D-978A-4F9D-BB2C-37463DCF8461.jpeg

Oops. Upside down photo, sorry.

Amberalaska, dwhiz and lordmarcovan like this.
  18. cpm9ball

You forgot to list the order of your prize choices!

Chris

19. lordmarcovan

Nah, that's OK how he did it. I can figure that out if he wins something.

Stevearino likes this.
  20. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

So, my preferences are: 2, 7, 4, 6, 1, 3 and 5.

Walter

21. lordmarcovan

I used my moderator powers to edit that into your entry post, to avoid confusion later if you win one of the drawings. So you're all good now.

One entry post, seven chances to win something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.