[CLOSED] LordM, Santinidollar, & Nas giveaway, March 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM, Santinidollar, & Nas Coin Giveaway, March, 2019

Contest now CLOSED. Winners announced in Post #105. April giveaway to be announced soon.

2019-March giveaway-Banner.jpg

(Banner image taken at Blythe Island Parķ, Glynn County, GA, March 4, 2019. Gorgeous day.)

Hi, everybody, and welcome to the latest monthly giveaway!

This month there are four prize lots given by three donors.

Like last month, each winner will get to choose the prize he or she wants, in the order of their winning. (First winner drawn gets first pick, second winner drawn gets second pick, and so on.)

In other words, there will be four drawings and each contestant will have four chances to win something!

My donor partners this month are:

@Santinidollar
    @Nas

So many thanks to them for their generosity!

To enter:

1. Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

2. In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like. This can anything- as creative, funny, interesting, or inquisitive as you choose to make it- but coin-related somehow.

3. To expedite the prize allotments after the drawings at the end of the month, please specify your prize choice, in order of preference. (List your first favorite choice, second favorite, etc., in order.) The first winner drawn will get his or her first pick, and then the next winner will get his or her first pick from the remaining prizes, and so on.

• If your lucky number (the permalink number of your entry post) comes up in the drawing at the end of the month, you've won a prize. Drawings are done with the random.org True Random Number Generator.
    • To see how this works and has played out before, look at some of the past monthly giveaways (I'll put an archive of those in Post #2).
    • I will gladly ship prizes outside the USA (or reimburse donor partners for doing so), but if international shipping proves too costly, I do reserve the right to substitute prizes (such as with an electronic PayPal gift, etc).
    • If you are a minor, we're delighted to have you play, but please make sure you have your parents' permission to enter this giveaway, since if you win, we will be required to ask for your mailing address.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here are the prizes this month:

Prize #1 - from @lordmarcovan:

(4) older World & US coins, all Mint State (UNC/BU).

These are:

• A British West Africa 1/10 penny, 1932 (cool design; UNC)
    • A Germany Weimar Republic 50-pfennig, 1922-G (aluminum; lustrous BU)
    • A Great Britain farthing of George V, 1932 (Red-Brown UNC)
    • A United States Lincoln "Wheat" cent, 1958 (full Red BU)
    (Standard apology for my wretchedly-focused cellphone pictures)
    2019-March giveaway-1a.jpg
    2019-March giveaway-1b.jpg

Prize #2 - from @Santinidollar:

(1) United States Jefferson nickel, NGC certified Proof-68

CC3CAA73-E910-4937-A4EC-0A0A6FFE25AC.jpeg
    75984B93-E0D3-43C7-A1E7-87B521F628E5.jpeg

Prize #3 - from @Nas:

(1) 2019 Austria silver 5-euro, "New Year/Joy of Living" commemorative, in mint packaging

(These are gorgeous- I was tempted to buy one myself, when they came out.)

2019-March giveaway-3a.jpg

Prize #4 - also from @Nas:

(1) 1966 silver Italian 500-lire coin

(A beautiful and popular classic design type)

2019-March giveaway-4a.jpg

Good luck to our contestants this month, and many thanks to my donor partners! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Archive of LordM & Friends CoinTalk giveaways
    (There were a few others, but these were the ones that kind of settled into a regular monthly pattern.)

Bradley Trotter and Jdeandrey like this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post
    preferences 1,3,4,2

Pop out eagle head on 50 cent piece...
    eagle 1.jpg
    eagle 3.jpg
    eagle 7.jpg
    eagle 8.jpg

Bayern, Harpo, GeorgeM and 18 others like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

spirityoda likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

Neat. I knew about this stuff, but that thread has more varieties than I've seen. (It's by the Penny Lady, so that figures.) Maybe your Walker half eagle there could be vintage work? Dunno. It just has a modern patriotic, post-9/11 kind of look to it, if you know what I mean.

spirityoda likes this.
  8. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Entry post
    @lordmarcovan -Thank you for all of your effort and time in doing this. It's much appreciated and I will be available for future donations :)
    Prizes 3,4,2,1
    My newest acquisition (yesterday) is a Brazilian 320 reis, 1802 Rio. It's not a common denomination for this time period and it's one I didn't have. My next search is for an eye-catching 640. s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Bayern, Hookman, GeorgeM and 3 others like this.
  9. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

entry post
    prize order 4,2,1,3

here's a coin that when it came out and i saw it the first thing i thought was "i gotta have it", to me colorized or gilted coins are considered damaged, but Pegasus is awesome! and the one tattooed on my back is in the same pose as this one, so had to have it..:cool:

Picture 510-horz.jpg Picture 512.jpg

Bayern, Hookman, GeorgeM and 6 others like this.
  10. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post
    Thank you again Lord M, and to @@Santinidollar and @@Nas.
    If I'm lucky, I'd go 3,4,2,1.

Here are some more coins I need to search through someday... Quarters to search thru.jpg

Bayern, spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

That's a great-looking one! It's a CircCam, y'know.

PS- I can't recall seeing a 320. Cool. I've had the 20 and 40 in copper (counterstamped and otherwise), and a big silver 960 or two, but can't remember any other denominations I might have had.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  12. Travis G

Travis G Active Member

Entry Post
    Thanks for doing these giveaways lordm. I cant wait to search through the coins i won last month makes it exciting to be apart of cointalk. 1551806478687413213511.jpg

13. lordmarcovan

Get a folder or album and start pluggin' those in!

Nyatii likes this.
  14. lordmarcovan

Well, you've got @dwhiz to thank for last month's loot. Hope you have fun with it.

Stevearino likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

I can see why that was a "must have".

My winged horsie is just a teensy bit older. ;)

That modern gilt example is pretty stunning, though. Love the way it's flying out of the clouds.

boZ1WaAGQvm8XJSLop1d_corinthian (1).jpg

U0HIi4hORmuUxL1Co2Zg_NGC4280918-002_OBV.JPG

Hoky77, Bayern, GeorgeM and 8 others like this.
  16. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Member

Entry Post
    Preference 3, 1, 4, 2

I see where there's a W mint mark Lincoln in the Proof sets this year. Is it a real "Proof" or is it "proof like"?
    Just wondering.

17. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

man i really like that! if i start saving now i should be able to get myself one for xmas...:D

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Neat. First I've heard of that. I don't keep up with moderns very well.

19. lordmarcovan

While they aren't cheap, they're not always frightfully expensive, either.

ken454 likes this.
  20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Entry post

1-3-4-2

This year the French mint issues several coins to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall 30 years ago (November 1989). Germany has in previous years not done anything like that because the country reminds of the Eastern states joining the Federal Republic (October 1990) on coins every five years instead.

But this year our neighbor even issues a circulating €2 commem with the Wall theme. The Monnaie de Paris developed and presented the design, with the text in French and German ... and finally the German federal government decided that yes, why not turn that into a joint issue. (DE and FR had done that before, in 2013 for the Elysée Treaty anniversary.) So here are the two designs, German on the left and French on the right. The other side will be the standard €2 reverse for both coins.

DE-FR-Mauerfall.jpg

The French mint also designed a pretty cool piece on this occasion. It looks like a segment of the Wall but is actually flat like a coin :) just not round. Contrary to the €2 commemorative coin, that €10 collector coin cannot be had at face ...

FR10eMurBerlin.jpg

Christian

Bayern, Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  21. Michael Kretz

Michael Kretz New Member

entry post.
    I like #4 as a first choice. Neat posts everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.