Confederate Currency

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by ERROR HUNTER, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ERROR HUNTER

ERROR HUNTER Coins,Stamps

Hi,guys its been a while since bought paper money. I want to see some examples of confederate paper money that are in your possession. I'm thinking of buying this note below for 105$ PMG F-12

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I dont' have many confederate's and I'll plan a trip to the bank to get them for some pictures in the future.
    I like the one your looking at and it's not a super common one I don't believe.

4. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

This one has been in the family since the war. I am using a new scanner. The color green is stronger on the bill than this scan.

Attached Files:

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Search search search

Just use the SEARCH tool at the top of the page, select Advanced Search from the drop down menu, give a keyword or two, select any other values to narrow your search and make sure to select the Paper Money forum to keep the search in that forum...

Here are a few selections off the first page of results for the single keyword I searched, Confederate:

Need help with confederate currency

so i am getting a confederate bill..

100$ 1862 Is it counterfeit?

1861 $20 note!

Looking for Advice on 8 Confederate Bills - Slab? Value?

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Now that's a pretty awesome claim of provenance! :smile

7. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

Provenance -- Google - PETER TURNEY'S 1st TENNESSEE REGIMENT

Peter was the older brother of my greatgrand father.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

That is wonderful to have all of that history available for you, your family and behind that note! Thanks for sharing.

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Coins and Currency that have a history make them so much cooler!!
    Nice Note

10. dr4g0n3

dr4g0n3 Member

wouldnt that be your great uncle?
    which is awesome!

11. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

Great uncle - I suppose so. I find genealogy fascinating but very confusing when it comes to terms.
    Both men got wounded at different battles in Virginia and returned to Tennesse for recovery. After recovering, it seems my greatgrand dad decided to make love, thus producing my grandfather in 1863-1864. He (grand father) produced my mom around 1920.
    Makes me feel kinda old when I say my grand father was born during the Civil War. :smile

12. Excellent history on that note! I had a relative fight in the civil war but have no tangible evidence of them...at least that I know of! (No bills from that time period, unfortunatly!)

Here is my only Confederate, which I got last year. Not in the greatest shape but I still enjoy it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Duke Kavanaugh

Billy...that's a great one in any condition!! Nice note.

14. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

Billy, Thats a neat note. I wonder what that gal with the sword is doing? Anybody know? Your note appears to be a T42 and is in much better condition than the three T42's Notre Dame has in their collection shown in the following link - http://www.coins.nd.edu/CSACurrency/images/4th%20Issue/ . I imagine that low denominations saw a lot of use.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

She looks to be cutting down Liberty who has fallen on her shield and is likewise being attacked by an eagle.

16. It looks to me like someone is going to have deep fried eagle, LOL

Seriously your (educated) guess is as good as mine, I don't know for sure.

I think it is interesting that the note would not be redeemed until six months after the ratification of a peace treaty....I am guessing that whoever held this note originally was not too happy with the outcome!

It actually looked worse when I first got it. Some of the note was folded in on itself, especially under the R in Richmond, but I carefully unfolded it and then put it back in the sleeve it came in. I didn't even remove it from the sleeve to scan it to keep as little wear and tear on it as possible.

I knew that was a little risky but I was careful and very slow and I don't believe I've harmed it, nothing ripped further than when I bought it.

For what it's worth I paid $20 for it!

17. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Spectacular :)

Draft saved Draft deleted