[CLOSED] Penny Luster's "Twelve Days of COINmas" giveaways, 2021

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

12/24/21: This contest is now CLOSED. Winners were announced in the summary section at the bottom of this introduction.

imageedit_8_4836398943.gif

Claire B., aka @Penny Luster, with fond memories of all the fun we had last year, has decided to do another "Twelve Days of COINmas" giveaway. So maybe it will become a yearly tradition.

There will be twelve different drawings (rounds) throughout the course of this contest. The theme is similar to that old "Twelve Days of Christmas" song, only this is COINmas! And instead of partridges and pear trees, Claire will be giving coins!

There will be one coin in the first day's random drawing, two on the second day, three on the third day, and so on, until the twelfth day, when there will be a dozen coins in the drawing. After each day is up, we'll have a drawing, and then move on to the next day (round), with a new set of prizes.

Note that these "days" (rounds in the contest) are not necessarily going to run consecutively, and each round might last a little bit longer than one calendar day. There might sometimes be pauses of a day or two between rounds. The plan is to have a new drawing once every 1-3 calendar days or so.

I will post a summary of the rounds at the bottom of this intro post, and try to keep it updated with hyperlinks to the events, as they happen. You may check there to find the most current round in the contest.

To enter:

1. Go to the most recent posts (or check the summary at the bottom of this post) to see what the prize being offered for the current round is. If you want to enter to win that prize, just say "I want that!", and that will be your entry post.

2. Claire would like you to also post something else "amusing and cheerful", of your choice. In her words:
    3. If you should happen to win a prize, do please post to this thread after you have received it, so we'll know. (Did your Mom used to make you write thank-you notes after Christmas? Mine did.) ;)

If you do not wish to enter the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate a young numismatist (YN) to receive your prize in the event you win. YNs are encouraged to enter in their own right, and might occasionally be given additional chances in the drawings, at Claire's discretion. (If you are a minor, do please be sure you have your parents' permission to enter this contest and to receive items in the mail.)

International members are also welcome to enter, and Claire has stated a willingness to ship prizes worldwide.

There are no strings attached (aside from the three very easy requirements above), and no charges for anything, including shipping.

Individual contestants are limited to one prize lot in the duration of the contest. But a winner may continue to post entries after they've won, if their subsequent entries are on behalf of someone else.

This contest is at the sole discretion and control of our sponsor, who has donated all the prizes and will be shipping them herself. This is her show. My role here is merely secretarial, as your friendly master of ceremonies.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick
    (aka "LordM")
    On behalf of Claire B.
    (@Penny Luster)

[​IMG]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SUMMARY OF THE ROUNDS

Day 1 (CLOSED- @JP@ won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 2 (CLOSED- @Neal won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 3 (CLOSED- @NLL won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 4 (CLOSED- @potty dollar 1878 won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 5 (CLOSED- @Kurisu won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 6 (CLOSED- @Joshua Lemons won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 7 (CLOSED- @EvanCrook1 won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt (pending)

Day 8 (CLOSED- @fullhart won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 9 (CLOSED- @bradgator2 won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 10 (CLOSED- @CoinJockey73 won, on behalf of @RoseWesche- but see note)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

Day 11 (CLOSED- @Evan Saltis won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt (pending)

Day 12 (CLOSED- @BuffaloHunter won)
    Prize announcement
    Drawing
    Shipping status
    Receipt

ChasPay, JeffC, Kurisu and 11 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Stand by for the first day of COINmas! Put on yer holiday attire! The first round is coming up! :woot:

4. lordmarcovan

Banner-Day 01.png

Day01a.jpg

Day01b.jpg

(1) USA Silver Eagle, 2020-S, NGC-certified Proof-69 Ultra Cameo.

To enter this round of the contest:

Merely say "I want that!".

2. Claire would like you to also post something else "amusing and cheerful", of your choice. In her words:
    3. If you should happen to win, please post to this thread when you have received the prize, so that we will all know you got it.

There should be a random drawing for this prize within a day or two of this post, depending on @lordmarcovan's schedule. Until such time as the round has closed and the winner of the drawing is announced, you may post an entry.

Only one entry per round per member, please, and each member may only win one prize lot during the course of the contest. You may enter on someone else's behalf in any of the rounds if you wish (even if you've already won something).

See the intro post for full information.

5. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

I want that! (Please! In rereading, it felt very rude to not say "i want that, please!)

Holy mackerel, did i beat @potty dollar 1878? That's it! The world is gonna end! :hilarious: Sorry folks!
    What an amazing contest! Thank you @Penny Luster for your amazing idea and generosity. And as always my lordship (@lordmarcovan), thank you for running things.
    20211126_063311.jpg
    My oldest, most special, found coin! Happy holidays, everyone! :singing::singing::singing:
    *edit
    (by the way, i did the math in my head, you know, the 12+11+10...=? That one. That's like 167 coins! Wow! But then again, I'm not very good at math, maybe i should use the calculator :bucktooth:)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  6. lordmarcovan

I want that! (For somebody else).

Though I’m the game show host here, I’ll throw my own ticket into the hat for @NLL this round. So if the random number generator blesses this entry post with a win when we do the drawing tomorrow or the next day, “my” prize will go to @NLL and he will get the coin above.

Edit to add: @NLL may still post his own entry to this round if he sees it in time. My entry here on his behalf is a bonus entry.

Now I need to post something “amusing and cheerful”.

Here’s the newly-lit Christmas tree in the lobby of the hotel where I work as a night auditor. I think the animated GIF turned out pretty well, since it looks like a still photo until you notice the fireplace.

164856D5-A160-4458-BC2C-DC2E04E24AAE.gif
    If that was my living room, the abstract painting over the fireplace would be replaced, but over the past eight years I’ve grown to begrudgingly tolerate it.

And for something coin-related, here’s my latest purchase.

C22D939B-6B10-48B7-B0D9-10889A0D407A.jpeg

A7CBBD84-6C1C-440B-BDD8-55A8B5DFD429.jpeg

B360EBC4-02AE-4250-BCF1-FDB6825D72F6.jpeg

7. lordmarcovan

I'm not all that great at math, either, so I did use a calculator. ;)

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12 = 78 coins that Claire will be giving away here.

In twelve lots, of course.

8. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

"I want that"
    Last years was so great, not just to be a part of but seeing the winners announced and their reactions at each stage. As the old Olympic saying went, it is not the winning but taking part.
    Thanks again @Penny Luster for another fantastic competition, good luck to all who participate and again to @lordmarcovan for your organisation.
    This is my pocket piece as it also was for my Wife's Father and Grandfather, it had travelled the worlds oceans for nearly 60 years and racked up about 100,000 miles. I treasure it greatly
    DSC00987.jpg DSC00988.jpg

9. CoinJockey73

Thank you! I'm all thumbs, i was hammering away on those tiny buttons... 78 coins is awesome! And @Penny Luster, @lordmarcovan, and all contestants and non contestants, alike, my number of 167 coins mentioned above was strictly a joke. Me being doofy, and possibly messing thing up, lol. The official number of coins being given away is 78 amazing coins!
    Again, thanks for everything!

10. lordmarcovan

Don't feel bad. I'd have goofed the math myself, had I not had the calculator app handy. ;)

Penny Luster and CoinJockey73 like this.
  11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

What an awesome giveaway. I usually leave the giveaways for others because I feel very coin-blessed…. This is fun and so generous, so…. I want that…. I’ll go the happy photo route. My office pup has been deathly sick but finally recovered a few days before Thanksgiving. Here she is being welcomed home from the hospital.

E93D18C1-CC34-4BC8-8340-92DAE30BE867.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  12. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Glad to hear she is recovering, beautiful dogs

13. lordmarcovan

I too am gratified to hear that Office Pup is mending.

This is primarily a coin-related thread, but as our sponsor has hinted, pet pictures are also fair game. (After all, what more “amusing and cheerful” content is there, right?)

Uh-oh, I think I think I feel another cat picture coming on. Look out! :cat:

Here’s big brother Elvis with our latest foster kittens Circe and Roadie. Roadie was talking when the picture snapped.

00BAF24A-289B-430C-BD25-E88051180E45.jpeg

14. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I want that!

Hmm, something witty and / or humorous . . .

Those are foreign concepts to the Zoid.

Well, I'll give it my best shot.

Item #1 is an old parody token by Kettle.

Items #2 & 3 contains angelic ✨ figures consistent with the season.

Item #4 might be considered my "business card."

1814 Inseparable Friends #2 - obverse GS.JPG

20210313_174301.jpg

1861 Belgian Art Festival Medal - Welcoming Angel-Bull Harvest - obverse.JPG

Certified Bullshipper.JPG

15. lordmarcovan

Woo, that silver “WELKOM” medal is a stunner!

ZoidMeister and CoinJockey73 like this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Random thought: since each round of this contest is only open for entries for 24-48 hours or so, I think each contestant will have pretty decent odds in each of the drawings…

CoinJockey73 and expat like this.
  17. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

I want that!

I am happy all our Christmas decorations are up, and storage boxes put away. Each year gets harder and harder.

04963870-705E-4AA3-9984-C261BD127F56.jpeg

18. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

19. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

I want that! What a great first prize - Penny, you are a gem. 401737_497147403659526_2110434654_n.jpg

20. CoinJockey73

The best Christmases I've ever had have been down south!

21. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I want that.
    Below is a picture of my Christmas decorations from last year.

4320A8A9-E6C2-4EC0-8529-F9DD3FFB042B.jpeg D676237D-EA70-434C-93DF-E2C0E2769E07.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.