[CLOSED] Penny Luster's "Twelve Days of COINmas" giveaways, 2021

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

The Day 11 prize fits nicely with our sponsor's username. ;)

Banner-Day 11.png

Day11a (1).jpg

Day11b (1).jpg

(11) USA Lincoln cents, both UNC and Proof issues (1945-2019), including one certified coin.

The coins are mostly Red and include the following subtypes:

Wheat cents: 1945-D, 1955, 1955-D, 1958 (x2).

Memorial cents: 1961, 1961-D, 1962, 1966, 1981-S Proof.

Shield cent: 2019-W Reverse Proof, ANACS certified Proof-68 Deep Cameo.

To enter this round of the contest:

Merely say "I want those!".

2. Claire would like you to also post something else "amusing and cheerful", of your choice. In her words:
    3. If you should happen to win, please post to this thread when you have received the prize, so that we will all know you got it.

There should be a random drawing for this prize within a day or two of this post, depending on @lordmarcovan's schedule. Until such time as the round has closed and the winner of the drawing is announced, you may post an entry.

Only one entry per round per member, please, and each member may only win one prize lot during the course of the contest. You may enter on someone else's behalf in any of the rounds if you wish (even if you've already won something).

See the intro post for full information.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Oh, gee- guess what- I blew it. Just like last year, I've flubbed the prize announcement for one round.

In this case, I declared the wrong winner for Round 10. :facepalm:

@Nyatii posted Post #667. @CoinJockey73's post (which I just mistakenly declared the winner) was in fact the ominously-numbered Post #666. :vamp::nailbiting:

No worries. We'll go with the prize as declared. @RoseWesche gets those Buffaloes, since @CoinJockey73 wished it to be so.

I will make up for the goof by sending @Nyatii something of equal or greater value. That'll be fun anyway. :)

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It happens from time to time;)that 2019 W is stunning!!!!.

CoinJockey73 and Penny Luster like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

Yeah, in a contest this size, with all the moving parts and hyperlinks zinging around every which way, it gets a bit challenging sometimes.

Still, I’d say this one has been a smashing success so far- as good or better than last year’s, which was perhaps the most epic contest on the forum to date (at least as far as I can tell).

6. lordmarcovan

Mistakenly declared Post #666 as the winner. :rolleyes:

Guess "the devil made me do it". Heehee. :p

7. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'd like those pennies.

I would normally say for some YN. However, I have a budding young collector in my 5 y/o grandson. I've got the first two Whitman blue books with all empty holes waiting to give him for Christmas. They are the two folders with all the wheaties. So I'm going to hopefully have some sweet BU wheaties to start his Whitman folders with.

Good luck to everyone. It's seriously beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!! Only five days to go :)

9. Theborer

Theborer Well-Known Member

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

What ? @CoinJockey73 actually won and gave it away ?What a guy !!;) Congrat's !:)

11. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

12. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but, i happen to think, it's the nicest flub, ever! ;)
    Congrats to... me! Which means, congrats to @RoseWesche! But really congrats to @Nyatii! This contest prize is amazing, but I've been on the receiving end of an @lordmarcovan shipping delay, and holy moly!
    Great contest, great people, happy holidays, everyone!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    Cheech9712, Penny Luster and expat like this.
  13. CoinJockey73

I'd like those, to go to @masterswimmer's budding coin collecting grandson, should i win, please! @masterswimmer, I'm hoping if we win, we can work something out, as I'm drooling over that W cent ;). Should we win, I'm hoping you'd be willing to swap that W cent for a full set of 2020 W mint mark quarters. I'm hoping that sounds fair? Should we win, of course. If that's of no interest, i totally understand! Entry post is still your grandson's!
    20211221_044343.jpg
    Little surprise ornament for mama bear CJ73! Although it looks like @Penny Luster could just steal the first place ribbon (great pic!)!

Thank you again CoinTalk, for all this. Couldn't happen without you. Thanks @Penny Luster and @lordmarcovan for such positive energy. You guys are the best!

14. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Yeah! It's all good with me, Rob. The buffalos would have been great, but anything you send I know will be too. And, the holiday spirit passed around is a prize in itself. Also, I'm not sure I'm on the "Nice" list anyway, so I feel lucky that I won anything. Thank you Claire and Rob!

Congratulations @RoseWesche and @CoinJockey73 !

And, I had my next entry all picked out and ready to go. Years ago, when I was more "naughty" than I am now, a local radio station had a Christmas display contest. The most outrageous Christmas display would win tickets to the Orange Bowl which we were playing in. Well, here is what I came up with for a display. I only won 3rd place.
    IMG_2777.JPG IMG_2772.JPG

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  15. CoinJockey73

I actually think my number is quite besmirching, i mean befitting of my antics, around here (and a couple other places, as well;)) :angelic::angelic::angelic:.

Nyatii likes this.
  16. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

I want those. Here is part of my Santa collection.
    ss.jpg

17. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I want those - Day 11
    Some glass tree hanging decoration
    20211221_143001 (2).jpg

18. Dug13

Dug13 Well-Known Member

19. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

20. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member