Wake up the World Coins Forum! (aka "I can't stop giving stuff away")

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

4. ColonialCoin4

ColonialCoin4 Active Member

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This was a post about a US coin on the "What's It Worth?" forum, not the World Coins forum, and furthermore had no picture.

So it does not qualify for an entry in the drawing here.

Because I did say "anything from anywhere", and US coins are technically part of the world, I'd have been OK with that post if it were in the proper forum and had had a picture in the post itself, but as such, have to disqualify this one. Sorry.

~RWS/"LM

PS- I do like Draped Bust cents, though! :)

6. ColonialCoin4

Oh it's fine. I'll just sit this one out.:facepalm::happy:

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

8. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

9. lordmarcovan

@ColonialCoin4 - you aren't disqualified forever, y'know. Post something else ... on the World Coin forum this time! ;)

And everyone can have up to three entries in the drawing (for up to three posts with pictures on the World Coins Forum, as specified in the OP).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  10. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

12. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Well, hopefully pleas for advice count :D. Was considering putting it on the general chat board, but lets face it, the kind of issue I was asking about is pretty much a world/exonumia concern (and a bit different from Ancients).

If anyone knows much about the old habit of lacquering coins please feel free to check out the thread and chime in.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/la...s-medals-conders-from-old-collections.298505/

edited to add (and remove excessive emoji action): Actually, disqualify me. Mine is not a coin but a medal so does not meet the original terms.

...and I just found a lovely example of the main prize coin in a box I was going through. I need to go through more boxes.

If it's too late to be disqualified then please give my entry to a YN.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Dont know how

14. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

15. lordmarcovan

16. ColonialCoin4

17. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

18. lordmarcovan

Well, you got it on the right forum this time, but still didn't post a picture.

Y'know - one of those things in the instructions that I highlighted in bold, red font for you last time? ;)

But I added a picture to your thread, so now you're good. I'll accept this one.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  19. pragmatic

pragmatic Well-Known Member

Nevertheless, a world coins forum is supposed to be for displaying and discussing such vast varieties of coins. Cultural interactions. I myself have an urgency for coins from different countries regardless of being old. Since every coin teaches a lesson or at least supplies me with a knowledge.
    When you look at a coin with unfamiliar letters or language for instance it looks not interesting, but once you learn what it says, there can be a positive shift. Where herein, native users can explain their coins better than any coin informative website (with due respect and appreciation to all these sites) but something within your country's coin you may know and share could be interesting to other members here :)

Curtisimo likes this.
  20. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

21. lordmarcovan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.