is silver a bargain at $40 ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by WingedLiberty, Aug 18, 2011.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Okay, I have to ask -- as a "gold collector", why are you so obsessed with the people who collect silver, and so particularly obsessed with pointing out what losers you imagine them to be?

I just checked. Out of your last 20 posts, nineteen of them have been talking about silver, mostly about your belief that it's foolish to buy it. (One was speculating that washing a coin with soap and water might "damage or remove the platina".)

I think what you enjoy collecting most is bites. Like this one. So, you're welcome, I guess.

Nathan401 and ddddd like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I know that cleaning a coin can damage the platina just now sure how that relates to silver. I'm not much into numismatics though.

As far as silver. I understand the truth hurts and most would rather forget about the silver worshippers horrible track record. But there are 2 sides and I am allowed to tell the truth to counter all the silver sides lies.

They have been there all these Years and its all still there. Manipulation, silver shortage, Ted Butlers garbage, comes default, blah blah blah. Its all garbage. I realize that's a truth you don't want to hear. Much easier to live in your group think but I had been on this board saying this for almost 10 years. I have been right and you guys have been wrong. Yeah yeah I know --- what if we sold during that month it hit $50.

Congrats on your bubble that lasted what a month ??? None of the silver worshippers were calling for a 1 month bubble rather a sustained,real, permamanent spot increase. Now you all try to change your position rather than admitting you were wrong.

The OP in this thread bumped in a few times to say hope you took his advice and backed up the truck. When he ended up being 100% wrong the thread was poofed into non existence. That's the groupthink dynamic that makes silver worshippers always lose.

Silver has always been pumped up by lies and dreams. All these years alter its the sane garbage. 20 years from now silver will be $20 or so and the silver worshippers will be guaranteeing its about to explode.

4. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

And as a gold collector I don't post asinine nonsense like gold will soon be $50,000 an ounce, gold is being held down by manipulators, jpmorgan bank is cheating me, all the gold in the world is almost gone, etc.

5. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

6. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Clearly you are getting very worked up about silver people who don't think the same way as you. And in the process of criticizing these other people for their baseless assertions, you made one of your own: that silver today at around $16 is the same as silver at $4 or $5 when adjusted for inflation.

However, this is 100% incorrect. Adjusted for inflation, $4-$5 in the 1990s is only about $9.50 today.

When are you going to apologize to the forum for YOUR nonsense?

goldcollector and ddddd like this.
  7. ddddd

ddddd Member

I'm no silver worshiper, but I don't begrudge anyone for what they collect/invest.
    Yes some people get carried away when prices swing wildly or someone is pumping a product. But this isn't just an issue with silver. Look at stocks, houses, rare numismatics, art, bitcoins, etc. All of these have people that push it. And some can be right at times and then wrong at other times. Anyone who bought stocks post the 2008 collapse or anyone who bought bitcoin in the early days (or after the Mt. Gox hack) looks like a genius. However, just as many people have bought these investments at their respective peaks and lost. Silver and gold share many similarities with all those other investments.

Oh and if one picked their silver carefully (or diversified their stack), they could have purchased at much higher spot levels and still be doing well. ;)

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That,s just my preference, i am sure others have there,s as well, because lets face
    It can just as well go down as go up and i am sure there are allot of people on both ends of the spectrum, for me its more of a comfort level :)

9. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Its hard for me to believe the price levels have only doubled since 1990. At 25 years that's about 3% a year. I didn't actually look it up just went by how things feel. I often hear them say minimum wage today is lowest its ever been adjusted for inflation. Late 80s when I was 15 I was getting $2.85 in fast food. Isn't it about $10 now ? I know its more than $5.70. So I looked it up silver avg price 1990s $5.72 (silver institute) so you had to pay at least $7 with premium that is $14 today. If you sell today you might get $16. Congrats. You can try to change the subject all day but the exploding price of the "most undervalued asset on the planet" being promised forever has simply not happened.

And what of all the silver worshippers who bought after the 1990 lows. They have lost their shirts but yet the silver falsehoods continue just as they always have.

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

My first apt in 1990 I think was $250. Today I pay $900. Quality and size and location very similar. I challenge anyone here to find a 1 bedroom for $500.

11. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

It depends where you look, i have some card board and some duct tape you can
    Build one heck of a cardboard house for that, need to add a room, just add another
    Box.

So seriously where are you trying to find this miracle...

13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yeah mpcusa exactly. Yet You can look at old newspapers ( yep before CL ) in library archives and see many if not most 1 bedroom apts in early 90s were $250-$300.

Anything under $1000 today is quite a deal. Anyone who believes prices have only doubled I don't know what to tell someone who believes that

The kids at McDonalds want $15. I was getting $2.85.

You do know the govt changed the CPI formula to produce a lower number.

I certainly understand why the silver worshippers are desperate to change the subject. Lol. How's that GSR of 35 working out for you. LMAO.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Why, so you have! Been here almost 10 years, I mean.

From 2009:

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/go...which-is-the-best-long-term-investment.51754/

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/where-will-you-be-5-years-from-today.51701/

Ya win some, ya lose some, I guess. (For consolation, look at the predictions from other posters in the thread. Let's just say that the safest place to be standing turned out to be right behind the target.)

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I got $1.65. And thought I was rich. LOL

slackaction1 likes this.
  16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I was getting $1.92, but that was an AFL-CIO union job :)

Santinidollar and slackaction1 like this.
  17. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Jeff I suppose the point you attempt to make is lost.

In that second thread I predicted 5 years from that date silver would be $20.55. Pm bull says it closed $20.40. That's actually very good 5 years in advance. Gold I was about $100 too high on. It actually reached my prediction, just took 6 years. Platinum I was and have been dead wrong on. I won't blame the big bad manipulators, or Comex paper though. And I won't keep promising that it will reach the $2600 tommorow.

As far as my predicting $20 silver ( when it was $14 ). I have posted so many times in the last week silver is in fair range anywhere $15-$20. So again I don't see ur point or I guess that's just the best you can do.

I have never said silver is worthless or should be $5. My problem with silver is not really with silver but with this silver nonsense that has always been there and has always been wrong. Like silver $42.80 HUGE BUY. GSR 35 will definitely go back to 16. Silver is more useful in industry then Gold ( really ???? Something that costs 1.2% what gold costs get used more. Who could have guessed. Such an insightful post there.)

That's the best you could do. I have probably made 5000 posts and you got me I was wrong on platinum I lost money on platinum. I also was posting to buy gold at $600 back in 2006. Then I started posting to back off when it got to about $1500-$1550. Yes there was more to be made but I stopped around $1550. I'm sure you won't bump those threads. I like Gold best but if silver falls to $6 and gold climbs to $1800 I would have no problem saying in those circumstances silver is the best buy. All you have proven is that this PM game is not a religion to me. Too bad it is for so many of you. No matter what it will always be silver no matter what nonsense excuse is needed to justify it.

How about finding a thread where I advocated silver at $42.80. ??????
    Or where I made up nonsense excuses when I was wring about Platinum. I will be waiting.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  18. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Exactly now they get $10 or close so I don't buy inflation last 25 years is only 80%. People do forget the govt changed the CPI Formula to get a smaller inflation number.

19. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Are you angry, bro?

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yes Nathan I am furious because the big bad evil banksters should have let me load up on silver at the manipulated price of $16 then they should stop manipulating so I could sell it for its true value of $2500 an ounce. I would be rich. I mean wouldn't you be angry ? Don't you see how evil the banisters are and how they are cheating me ? They should be hanged for continuing to manipulate after I bought in at the manipulated price. I'm furious. Its not fair. They are cheaters. I'm gonna go cry now.

21. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Jeff maybe you can find the thread from back around 2008 where I argued for an hour with this well known poster who insisted within 5 years time gold and silver would be in parity and you will easily be able to buy a 200k home with 100 ASE'S.

Man that was good stuff. I'm sure I sounded "Angry". Idiocy on steroids does have a way of making me angry. I remember by the end of that hour I was Angry. At least I wasn't stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted