Where will you be 5 years from today ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Apr 21, 2009.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GOLD ----- $1382.20

SILVER ---- $ 20.55

PLATINUM ----- $2605.00

I like them all to be +++ over the next 5 years as the economy picks up, and inflation sets in. I think Plat and Silver have better long term outlook then gold. JMO. Am I crazy?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

I have said and will say it again I do not think these metals will see these prices in 5 or even 10 years. IMHO

4. Benz Coinz

Benz Coinz www.benzcoinz.com

I don't care about other metals but I strongly believe in your silver estimate... and that's on the low end.

I am and will always buy 1oz to 10oz bars for above spot.

5. ice

ice Just happy to be here

I hope to be in the new country United State of Texas living under a normal government. I do think silver will go up. I think that gold is so volatile that to hazard a guess would be crazy

6. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

In 5 years, there will be $750 gold.
    The stock market will be well into recover by the end of 2011.

Silver will retreat to $10.00

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

In 5 years, I will be retired.

Gold will be $4,800.
    Silver will be $200.
    Platinum will be $5,000.

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

do you believe my estimation?. well. anyway. my prediction is gold will be $2,000.00 in five years time. that is not the high but it is the yearly average price. that's mean it can be $3,000.00 at one point and it can be lesser than $2,000.00 too. but at the end. the average price for gold is $2,000.00 five years from now. amen.

9. JoeSmith

JoeSmith Member

Gold: $2,100
    Silver: $ 37
    Platinium: $1,550

When the economy is good, gold goes down and platinium goes up (since it's an industrial metal). When the economy is bad, gold goes up and platinium goes down.

That's what I think, but I don't know nothing.

10. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

I plan on owning another 500-700 ounces of silver and another 5-10 ounces of gold.....no matter the price.....but thats just me...

11. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

silver will be hovering in the 15-18 range for the next few years

12. elaine 1970

five years from now. i am retire already. possibly start to sell most of my collections. because no one in my family interesting this hobby.

13. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

I don't understand why a good economy would increase precious metal prices. I figure, in a good economy, people are going to buy stocks. In a bad economy, people resort to precious metals for a stable investment. If the economy is doing fine, why would people look to an investment with such little upside compared to stocks? Think about when silver was at its highest point recently ($22 or so). It hit its high point when the dollar was the weakest. I think already the economy is getting back on track and this will make for a slowly increasing, or even decreasing precious metals market.

P.S. Please note I could be completely wrong.

14. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

When the economy is booming, people buy more jewelry and industry consumes more silver.

15. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

I wholeheartedly agree.

16. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

17. elaine 1970

18. AshcraftCoin

AshcraftCoin Member

No one knows! :)

However, for my money... Silver is the best bet at this time.

You can buy smaller amounts... dollar cost averaging all the while.

You can sell off smaller amounts for short term profit if you need to.

It's pretty, shiny, fun to play with, and makes a nice sound. :)

Also, by the way, since someone brought up stocks... now is an awesome time to buy stocks if you're smart about it! (your mileage may vary)

Buy low, sell high. I just talked to someone yesterday about Fords stock... he is playing with it even now. Look back... Nov 19, 2008 was a HUGE buying opportunity... was 1.26... now it is near 6.00!!!

Some of the richest men in history made their money during a down economy.

Anyway, for precious metals... I put my money in silver because of the advantages as I see them.

Regards,
    Michael

19. JoeSmith

JoeSmith Member

Think about the American car industry. That would be one company, Ford. With the UAW owning most of Chrysler and GM, do you think they'll be too upset if Ford goes under? Ford doesn't even have to "go under", the UAW can own them too. Which is what they'll do. It doesn't matter what Ford does, if they don't give away the company, they'll have it taken from them. So, if I owned Ford stock right now, I'd sell it all and buy gold, guns, and ammo.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

20. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

hard to say -
    If we are talking about gold and silver...I think both will be down. Now, that is to say, if the dollar stays what it is now, I think it will be down. If the dollar loses value, then the price of gold/silver may go "up".

If we are talking...where will I be in 5 years -
    I hope to be
    "simi" retired
    Married
    and working - heck...I'm not one to sit around doing nothing....and I'm sure if I'm married, she will find me something to do! LOL!

Speedy

21. umn25

umn25 ANA #3154232

5 years from now, I'll be a high school senior, taking finals :rolling:.

Gold: impossible to say
    Silver: $30
    Platinum: I don't even know what it is now!

Draft saved Draft deleted