[CLOSED] Quarter Notes Giveaway #8 (plus LordM's two cents' worth)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Quarter Notes Giveaway #8 (plus a bonus drawing)

This contest is now CLOSED. Winners were announced in Post #38 and Post #39.

This contest will be decided by a random number drawing sometime on or around Thursday, March 17, 2022 (St. Patrick's Day), or whenever I'm available on the forums. Should I be absent, you may consider the contest active until such time as I return and finalize it with the drawing. (Or rather drawings, plural, this time.)

The enigmatic “QuarterMaster” from Quarter Notes, Ltd. (whose secretive identity remains unknown to me to this day) counterstamps short, pithy phrases- which amount to riddles, sometimes- on Statehood quarters, and releases them into circulation. Often the phrase has something to do with the state featured on the host coin.

He has anonymously sent me several rolls of his handiwork to distribute, and paid me handsomely to do so. Most recently, he sent me some additional coins to keep for myself, so I'm going to sweeten the pot on this giveaway.

There will be two prize drawings this time.

Prize A will be eight different Statehood quarters counterstamped by the Quarter Master, just as with the past Quarter Notes giveaways. Have fun with the riddles!
    Prize A is open to everyone.
    [​IMG]

Prize B will be from me, but is just to make up for some of the Quarter Master's generosity to me. I hinted at "two cents' worth" in the title. Did that make you think there might be a US two-cent piece offered? Well, if so... you're right!
    [​IMG]

I have for you here an 1865 United States two-cent piece. The coin was lightly cleaned in the past, but is not quite so orangey looking as it appears in these photos. It is a decent piece despite the cleaning, and looks a tad browner in hand.

There's a catch.

Prize B is only open only to those collectors who have never before owned a two-cent piece.

One entry post enters you in both drawings, but you must also be eligible to win Prize B in order to win that.

So... want in? ;)

Here's all you need to do:

1. Post a reply including the phrase "entry post", and thank the Quarter Master. There is no limit on conversational replies to this thread, but limit one entry post per contestant.

2. Tell us whether or not you have ever owned a 2-cent piece before. If you have not, you are also eligible for Prize B. (You're eligible for Prize A regardless.)

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")
    On behalf of and in gratitude to the anonymous and enigmatic
    "Quarter Master" from Quarter Notes, Ltd.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

I just received my sixth quarter from the Quarter Master. I can tell you that I couldn't wait to slice open that envelope. I haven't figured out the counter-stamp's meaning yet, so I'll be posting that soon, along with the others I've received. Thanks, Sir or Madam or Miss...whoever you are. The letter included an encouragement to think outside the box as to his/her/their identity. And I do have an idea. More to come on the lead I've developed.

Yes, I have had several two-cent pieces, but thanks anyway, Lord M.

Steve

Cheech9712 and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    Thank you Quarter Master and Lord M for this contest...I own several two-cent pieces - not in the best condition but I still enjoy them so it looks as though I'm only eligible for Prize A.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post thank you quarter master and lord,nope don't own a single quarter master quarter or 2 cent piece

6. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post, thank you QuarterMaster! :)

I already own a two cent piece so only eligible for Prize A.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Entry Post

Thank you Quarter Master and Rob.

52+ years collecting coins and I actually find it hard to believe but I've never owned a two cent piece.

Good luck to all entrants.

lordmarcovan and Paddy54 like this.
  8. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry post
    Thanks to Quartermaster and to you @lordmarcovan for another great giveaway. I own very few US coins, mainly Morgan and peace dollars and some mint sets. So, having never owned a 2 Cent the chance to do so is, for me, pretty exciting.
    Good luck to all who enter

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

I like to offer my thanks to the Quartermaster, whoever you may be, and to @lordmarcovan for taking the time to put on this contest.

In addition, I'm not eligible for prize B since I already own several two-cent pieces myself.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry post
    I own one 2 cent piece with multiple die cracks so I am out for prize #2.
    Thank you Quarter Master a d Lord M. for taking the time to make this giveaway possible!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I'll just watch K. Thanks anyway.

Abramthegreat and lordmarcovan like this.
  12. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post.
    Thank you Quartermaster and Lord Marcovan.

I have many times given my 2 cents worth but have never owned a two-cent piece.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. Michael Kretz

Michael Kretz New Member

Entry Post
    And thank you quartermaster!
    I have never owned a two cent piece.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    Thanks to Quartermaster for presenting @lordmarcovan the opportunity to put forth this contest.

Part B: I have never owned a 2 cent piece and would love to have one in my collection.

Thanks Rob.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

One of the nicest 2-cent pieces I’ve had was this proof. It was a sight to behold. I think it was a Cameo proof but it was graded before PCGS put that designation on 2-cent piece slabs.

F8AAED32-63C1-4C11-B8B0-8FE316747FFD.png

I used it as an avatar for a while.

CAC6B594-B3D4-4E00-B40A-303082BB2340.png

Edit: not “one of”. THE. The nicest 2-cent piece I’ve owned. Period.

Theodosius, Matthew Kruse and Hookman like this.
  16. Entry post
    Thanks QuarterMaster and to LordM, nope don't own a single QuarterMaster quarter or 2 cent piece. My first entry in any contest. Thanks.

lordmarcovan and Hookman like this.
  17. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST.
    Here's my "two cents" worth.

Besides March 17th being St. Patrick's Day,
    it will ALSO be my husband's birthday.
    Followed by our 40th anniversary on the 18th.

I've never owned a two cent piece, but would
    love the chance to acquire this beautiful coin.

Thank you to both Quartermaster and Lord M
    (once again) for this opportunity and enjoyment.

Good Luck to everyone who enters!

Stevearino, lordmarcovan and Hookman like this.
  18. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST

THANK YOU QM AND LM !!

The two of you are very generous.

As for the 2 cent piece, it seems to me that I purchased one at some time in the past, but in order to be sure I would have to dig through the thousands of coins that I have in my totally unorganized collection, so rather than go through so much effort (regardless of the need for it) I will simply forgo my qualification for Prize B.

Again, I want to thank both QM (for his gifts) and LM (for his time) and both for their dedication and effort towards the quality of ' Life ' here on Coin Talk !!

Thanx,

Hookman

19. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

entry post
    Thank you QuarterMaster and LordM!
    Keep up the good work!
    (P.S I do not already own a 2 cent piece though hard to believe.)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. gdsnguru

gdsnguru Member

Entry post, and thank you QuarterMaster and Lord Marcoven. I am still trying to decipher the last batch of these quarters I won!

I have never owned a two cent coin.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. PhiltheThrill

PhiltheThrill New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.