Help! - Does anyone know who Quarternotes Ltd. are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by paddyman98, Apr 22, 2020.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

… and nope. Again, I am NOT the QM, and still do not know who it is, though I’ve been messaged by folks who claim to know. As to their theories, maybe some hold water and some don’t. I dunno. Don’t particularly care, either. The mysterious hijinks are more fun that way.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

I still haven’t opened that heavyish mystery box yet, BTW. I guess nobody’s hounded me about that because we’ve all got a reasonably good guess about what’s in there.

But then again, the QM has been known to pull a few trick rabbits out of his hat.

(Let’s hope he’s trying out the counterstamped St. Gaudens trick this time, right?) ;)

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

It's a brick.
    Counterstamped.

Meh, what do I know? I'll go back to my corner now...

5. lordmarcovan

Was he carrying a Chinese menu in his hand? Looking for the place called Lee Ho Fooks? For to get a big dish of Beef Chow Mein?

Pickin and Grinin and Paddy54 like this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Thats the one!

7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Mine is from 25 Twobits Drive, Stampville PR 00612 and is a North Carolina quarter with WARP CONTROL stamped.

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

To try and find the QM's identity, I am thinking of members that haven't posted much in the past few years. That leaves some old boys/gal busy to do all this work.
    I have a few folks in mind.;)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I wonder if he got addresses from a secret Santa or Christmas card exchange.

10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nah, every time I have been apart of SS. The head Santa will ask you if it is ok to give your address. There fore a trail. QM is smarter than that.

ZoidMeister and Stevearino like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

OK, I got around to opening that heavy box. The QM fortified the ends inside with blocks of wood!

FF66C33C-6249-4567-8F92-2B07FE30EB5B.jpeg

Here is the latest missive.

8BE10FDD-A2C4-44FD-ADF5-287321015F8D.jpeg

Inside was quite a variety of stuff.

70314A3E-ABE9-4FCD-8799-E2945525DC8B.jpeg

More counterstamped quarters, of course (so there will be more giveaways once I burrow out from under my backlog of overdue chores)… but other stuff, too. Including two C-notes, an ANACS AU55 1891-O Seated dime (!), an intriguing little drawstring bag which proved to hold some nasty enviro-damaged QN counterstamped quarters (fountain rescues, perhaps? They’ll go back into circulation) and a big model railroading medal that has @dwhiz’s name all over it. (Message me, Dennis- and thanks for your latest wooden dollar.)

There were also various other odds and ends, including a 1902 quarter found in change by the QM himself!

807D563C-12DA-4BCC-8C34-BE40DA6F012D.jpeg 9DE3E11A-30D4-4636-B6FC-36F7581A83D1.jpeg

Cool pedigree, huh? That last is going to go to @Wizank, to make up for the fact that he won Quarter Notes Giveaway #7 back in January and I still haven’t shipped his goodies, almost a month later. Those are finally going out today, and there will also be a LordM Type 4 elongated cent in there, which is the key type in the LordM series to date (just 30 produced).

Stay tuned for further fun.

12. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

The Quarter Master has outdone himself. That's a very nice cache right there. I'm looking forward to the games @lordmarcovan

Stevearino, Paddy54, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  13. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT !!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

We could run his fingerprint though the data base.. have something he's touched and you haven't :)

Stevearino likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

16. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Found another one
    20220303_080236.jpg
    Or did i? This is on the obverse!
    20220303_080245.jpg
    QuarterMaster, please text me again and let me know if this is really one of yours, and I'll release it back into the wild. If not, I'll keep. Thanks!

lordmarcovan and John Burgess like this.
  17. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Am I mistaken or is this the first one counter-stamped on obverse AND reverse?

Steve

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  18. CoinJockey73

I think you're 100% correct, but i honestly don't think this is the work of the QuarterMaster. The messages aren't "pithy" at all, just very dark.

19. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

And the stamping is not as straight as the ones I've received.

Steve

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  20. CoinJockey73

Agreed. I was just surprised to see someone else doing it. Figured I'd post and have a little fun. My apologies if anyone thought it was really a QuarterNotes quarter. Ralph texted me last night and said it wasn't, ahem, i mean, "the QuarterMaster".

21. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Don't go ruining the fun.

You know, if you can *cough* and add "..., ahem, i mean, "the QuarterMaster", you could have coughed and edited your gaffe.

No offense, it's more fun not knowing who the QuarterMaster is.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted