Help! - Does anyone know who Quarternotes Ltd. are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by paddyman98, Apr 22, 2020.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I need some help..

Does anyone here on CoinTalk know who QuarterNotes Ltd. Is?

I will explain why I am asking soon.

I'm just perplexed at the moment on their existence o_O

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

Yes! Wonderful information.. The reason I ask is because they have been sending me letters every few months with an enclosed Quarter which is Counter stamped by them. I don't know how they got my address and why they send me these Quarters. They are neat but I'm just confused as to why they would send me these letters. Member @JBK who is mentioned in one of these letters and on that thread hasn't posted since November 8th of last year o_O

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    GH#75 likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

Do you have subscriptions to other numismatic magazines?
    My guess is that if you do, your information was sold to a third party who then sold it to another numismatic company.

JPD3 and Joshua Lemons like this.
  6. paddyman98

@BRandM
    Hello! I need your help.
    I read this post above by you from another thread. Who are these people? They have my address and keep sending me one counterstamped quarter at a time..
    The address they provide on the envelope is a phantom address! Any information would help me.

7. paddyman98

Today they sent me a fourth counterstamp on a Quarter and a $50.00 Bill... With no explanation!
    I don't know what to think of it! :wideyed:
    20200422_181957.jpg

That's a real $50.00 Bill.. Spooky!

Andy, Abramthegreat, GH#75 and 7 others like this.
  8. furryfrog02

Free Advertising lol. Well not "free" since it cost them $50.

Cheech9712, SmokinJoe, Bayern and 2 others like this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Hey @paddyman98 give them my address as I'd love to get free money, no apparent strings attached. The quarters, no big deal, but a $50 bill, sign me up.

10. furryfrog02

Right? Nobody sends me $50 bills in the mail.

GH#75, Spark1951, Bambam8778 and 2 others like this.
  11. paddyman98

I would do that but there is no way for me to get in touch with this person or persons. The return address is a phantom address. It's completely made up. No email, no phone number, nothing at all provided. Who sends real paper currency in the mail?

12. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

Now how did you get on their mailing list, exactly? I have never had people send me money for no reason. Sign me up for that.

(Except for a couple of CoinTalk members who seem to value their generosity over their wealth. Bless you, you know who you are!)

13. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

lol @ Twobits Drive

-jeffB and paddyman98 like this.
  14. furryfrog02

I got $5 from the Neilson ratings people one time :)

15. paddyman98

The $50.00 bill has a real watermark and security strip..
    20200422_183322.jpg

16. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Check with Bruce @BRandM He's my go-to-guy for counter stamps. He's very knowledgeable.

This quest again brings up the need for a listing of members and what they are most knowledgeable about.

For instance, under the heading of " Error Coins " the names of @Fred Weinberg and @paddyman98 would be listed.(and any others)

We could have " Paper Money "---- (names here)
    " Counter Stamps "-----
    " World Coins "-----
    " Languages " (with sub headings)
    " Spanish "
    " Chinese "
    " Latin "
    etc.
    " Trade Dollars "-----

I know we already have "Topic" listings but those have to be searched to find a similar coin/question, and then a question posted to get answers of possible help. These listings would allow for direct asking of help from our most knowledgeable sources on the particular subject matter.
    Of course, Privacy matters. Names listed would be volunteers only. The ability to contact someone would be limited to existing members(with certain numbers of posts or likes). New members would still do what they do now.
    This would be an additional benefit of membership and another reason to join and post.
    Such a resource could put this site " Over the Top " in terms of comparison to other coin sites.

This idea could be refined even further by member input, the Mods or even Peter himself.

Anyway, It's just a thought I have every time I see someone asking " Who knows about..... ".

and it would be such a massive undertaking, who would want to do it anyway.

17. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Is it definately an american company or a subsiduary. There is a company in england called quarternote productions ltd. When you search Company's House, a database of all registered companies in the uk, you can see what their business is. It is quite likely a different company but you never know. This one states they are (the following is copied from their site)
    Nature of business (SIC)
    • 71122 - Engineering related scientific and technical consulting activities
    • 90030 - Artistic creation

18. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

YEAH, ME TOO !!

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I bet I know what is going on here.... I rather hate to spill the beans though....

There are outfits that anonymously create mystery adventures for folks. I created one for my wife several years ago. She is a book nut. Her adventure centered around a book that was turned into a play that had been banned and lost to the ages. She was sent a letter each week with 1800’s newspaper clippings, theater playbills and ultimately clues to a mysterious death that only she could solve. And it was all laced with just enough provable truth to make it very intriguing and believable. This thing played out over three months. To say my wife was intrigued is an understatement of vast proportions. I loved watching her trying to figure out who and why for so long. Investigating every aspect of the thing.... It’s a recently popular and unique thing. Put The Mysterious Package Company into your Google bar and you will see what I am talking about.

So, if one of your friends or loved ones has you in the middle of an adventure, I hate that I told you about this. Just enjoy the fun.

20. ja59

ja59 Missing the Beach just not as much as ...

WHAT !!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Hookman and paddyman98 like this.
  21. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

well 00612 is a zip code for Puerto Rico FYI

Hookman and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted