Wake up the World Coins Forum! (aka "I can't stop giving stuff away")

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

And Prize #3 (an also-as-yet-undetermined World coin prize) goes to...

JuneWorldCoinGiveaway-Prize3.png

@Seattlite86, for Post #36!

jj00, Theodosius, Curtisimo and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Winners:

I will need you to:
    1. PM me your mailing address.
    2. Give me your word that you posted no more than three entries and followed the rules, since I did not have time to go back through the thread and verify everything.
    3. @sam_raph and @Seattlite86 - since your prizes have not been selected yet, you may opt for the "surprise" option, or I can post your prizes here once I've figured out what they are. You may also PM me your favorite countries or general categories of World coins, and I'll see if I can't custom-choose something fun for you (though my hoard of stuff in boxes is not as vast as it once was).
    Congratulations, and thanks for playing!

Doing "cheap but fun" giveaways is as much fun for me as it is for the winners, so there will be others! :)

jj00, chrsmat71, Theodosius and 7 others like this.
  4. MasterSamurai

MasterSamurai Compulsive Change Sifter

5. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to lordmarcovan for the giveaway.

Curtisimo likes this.
  6. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Awesome giveaway! Love the random number generator too, keeps things simple. Sorry you had to do so much WORK though...almost interfered with the coin stuff!

Curtisimo likes this.
  7. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Wooo Hooo! Party :)
    IMG_4491.GIF
    This was really generous of you and that is a great coin @lordmarcovan.

You make this a much funner place with your posts and games and giveaways so this is for you LordM...
    IMG_4146.GIF
    Also congrats to the other winners and thank you to all else for the fun posts to read :)

8. Steve66

Steve66 Coin People

9. sam_raph

sam_raph Active Member

Thanks so much! Congrats to other winners!

10. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners! And a heartfelt THANKS to @lordmarcovan for his generosity:)

11. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I really appreciate the generosity think I need to give a giveaway on my 5,000th post. I'll have to scrounge some stuff up. Based on how much I am on here, it shouldn't be long.

12. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Way to go winners!!!! Congrats!

Thanks for another great contest @lordmarcovan :)

Edit: Where do you find the random number generators? I think I will use one when I hold a contest when I reach 1000 posts.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Congratulations to the winners! :woot: :woot: :woot:

It was a fun contest to follow even though I am not very active in World Coins.

John

14. lordmarcovan

OK, you last two winners of "as yet undetermined" coins.

They have now been determined. :)

The images below are scans, with all the limitations that implies.

Sorry if y'all's wins are kinda junky, but hey, the price was right, eh? ;)

@sam_raph said he was interested in Japanese coins.

Here's what you're getting, sam_raph.

At least there's a little silver and some 1800s there.

Really, I don't entirely know what's here, beyond the vaguest notion. I am able to look up and catalog Japanese coins, but only after scratching my head over the date numerals and looking at charts to see what they say. Obviously I speak or read no Japanese, and I was in no mood to do the head-scratching over these, so into your envelope they'll go, without much research by yours truly.

Sam_Raph-pic1.png
    Sam_Raph-pic2.png

@Seattlite86 said he was interested in older German or British coins.

My pickin's in both those categories were much slimmer than I had remembered.

No silver, and you got some junky stuff, I'm afraid (dull West German pieces - *yawn*), but there's a Nazi 50-reichspfennig in there (albeit not the best), and you got an 1806 Brit halfpenny (again, not the best). And all of yours are at least in 2x2s, except for the one horrid, thin little German States billon minor, which is probably from the 1600s or 1700s, but who knows. It's a pretty wretched little slug for the most part.

Seattlite86-pic1.png

Seattlite86-pic2.png

Still, my giveaways tend to go for "cheap but fun", and I think this stuff should fit that bill. Fun, if not fantastic, right? :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  15. Seattlite86

Who can be disappointed with fun threads and free coins?!

Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

congrats winners! cool idea for a contest @lordmarcovan , thanks for putting it on!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

18. sam_raph

sam_raph Active Member

I got my coins in the mail today and they are GREAT! Thanks so much @lordmarcovan !

19. Seattlite86

I'm going to the post on Friday. Can't wait!

20. lordmarcovan

Ahmm... @Seattlite86 - about that ... before we left town, ladymarcovan was kind enough to do my mailing the other day. However, since yours is an APO address, it required a customs form, which i hadn't filled out. So they gave it back to her and it has to wait until I get back home before I'll have a chance to ship it. :sorry:

21. Seattlite86

I am very late in providing my gratitude for my awesome coins. We finally got to the post last week but then had some guests and I really haven't had much coin time. Thank you very much @lordmarcovan ! It was great to see all the world coin posts. I look forward to doing my 5,000th post giveaway :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.