TRYING TO "Play the GSR" -- HORRIBLE IDEA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Apr 17, 2017.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I would look at it more as what you can get for it.

Right now 1600 and 16 so I would say 100 to 1. The nonsense premiums are there as these coin shops love to sell $30 ASEs to silvidiots but you will notice their buy prices are very close if not under spot.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

Combining words to make an insult is what dumb people do to try and sound clever.

longarm likes this.
  4. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 114

Still Waiting

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

As long as you're waiting at home, and keeping at least six feet away from other people.

6. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Come on GSR 125!

7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

What magic happens at GSR/125?

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

And wear a mask. Most robbers do.

-jeffB and slackaction1 like this.
  9. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Maybe in 2 years. I think this correction is going as low as 96-100

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Tell me that paying $30 for an ASE or 17x face for 90% is not stupid. Especially considering that they weren't even at these prices before silver took a 30% drop. Especially considering that silver can be bought right now at $16-$17 an ounce on a 6 week delay.

For a week the only place that had any platinum eagles was Pinehurst coins and he wanted $300 premium which is 40% nothing close to the silver premiums but no way am I paying $300 premium. Then today jmbullion, silver.com, and amergold all listed platinum eagles at $90 or so premium but they are delayed shipping. Point is I'm glad I waited. There will always be a better deal then these insane premiums. If so with amazingly rare platinum then for sure with abundant silver. Say what you want, anyone paying these premiums is a silvidiot and they will never even break even.

11. longarm

Who mentioned magic? Are you into the occult? I'm waiting for it to hit 125 so I can trade some more gold for silver.

12. longarm

13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 114

STILL WAITING

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And still standing pat on the silver that @Garlicus paid you for. Your actions speak louder than your words, no matter how vastly the words outnumber the actions.

15. longarm

Just to be clear, what GSR are you waiting on?
    The fake paper/spot price? Which is $1621.80 to $14.38 (according to kitco) and that's 112.78 GSR
    Or is it the price you'd pay? Which according to apmex is $1829.99 (2020 eagle buying 1 by check) to $25.61 (2020 eagle buying 1 by check) and that's 71.45 GSR

16. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Lol you can easily find silver under $25.61

We have never determined GSR by factoring in whatever nonsense premiums some people may be tricked into paying. This seems to be a new ploy by the silver crowd now that the GSR has reached it's highest point in over 5000 years.

You will notice that silver dealers are sure willing to sell at $25.61 if you try to sell to them they are barely paying spot $14. These insane premiums all but guarantee the silver crowd will never even manage to break even not even if they held for 20 years.

17. longarm

Hey, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the paper-humpers supporting the fake paper/spot price. It enabled me to replace what I sold in 2011, but my stack is back just in time for this storm that's upon us. Riddle me this bat-boy, Why does the physical GSR matter? Just watch as it goes down while the fake paper/spot GSR goes up and the premiums too. That's why I'm expecting 125 GSR, duh!!! So keep on puking rainbows and I'll keep on stacking.
    paperhumpers.gif

slackaction1 likes this.
  18. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

You sure came out of the blue "expecting 125 GSR". First I ever heard you say that was what about when GSR hit 119 or so. Jump right on that bandwagon. The first post in this thread I said it when GSR was 68. Better late than never though, fill that bandwagon up.

You sound like one of those guys who would rather pay $30 for an ASE than pay $20 for the same ASE because at $30 you are buying in at a lower GSR. 1600/30=53.33 but 1600/20=80. I saw a guy trying to sell an ASE on eBay at $100 so who knew the GSR is back to 16 after all. If you can't find ASEs at $21 or lower right now, ur not trying very hard.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  19. longarm

I paid $30 each last month for 3 ASE, but they were 1996's, which I thought was a good deal, but other than that I don't buy many ASEs. I'm a stacker so I buy the 5oz ATBs. Much better deal than the ASEs right now.

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

GSR 112

Still Waiting

21. longarm

Keep waiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted