Stacking and prepping

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by longarm, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I been around the world enough to recognize petty bickering, so I'll ignore those remarks..... I am a pretty middle of the road fellow but was raised quite poor. My single, saintly momma did the best she could, but I truly do understand what being without means.

Having said that, I wouldn't call myself a prepper in the strictest sense. But then, if anyone would have told me a month ago that this is where we would be?? I can certainly see the necessity..... I am quite thrifty and have spendable cash available in several locations. I also have a tidy sum of PM's available in several locations should that need arise. I have two gun safes with multiple firearms and plenty of ammo stocked. I have a freezer stacked slap full of frozen food, two propane grills and four bottles of propane. I believe I could go a couple months if all supply chains broke down.... I was in the Army for eight years and know how to "tend myself" without toilet paper, so I can handle that as well.

No, I have never considered myself a prepper in the strictest sense, but I do insure that I am prepared to take care of my family. Once this virus is behind us, I have made note that there are several more steps I will take to insure my family's needs are met.

longarm, Inspector43 and slackaction1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

Yes, the rest of the list is okay though, all practical and useful. Silver and gold are practically worthless metal, only valuable when there is consensus. In times of emergency where markets no longer operate or collapsed economy or lack of government it's useless...the real value is land and resources...those two metals only represent value...they are not real value. They have very little inherent or practical value at all.

4. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Sorry to pop your bubble, but to say silver and gold are practically worthless tells me all I need to know about you. Silver and gold are the only real currency that has stood the test of time, real assets that can be traded for other real assets when the fiat flounders. You think I want dollars for my silver? Of course not, why take a depreciating fiat currency for a real asset? If you can't tell the difference then "Too bad, so sad".

5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Here's your first mistake : "Why it's extremely unlikely for another nation to invade and take over the United States."

I never used the word "Invade " nor discussed an "invasion". Please reread what I actually did write.

The rest of what you wrote means absolutely nothing in the context of the scenario I described.

As for as "investing time to learn" something : I " invested " enough time in elementary school to earn, and be awarded, the American Legion Medal of Honor for Excellence in American History........ in the 6th grade.

Please don't ASSume that someone does not know something just because you do know it.

longarm likes this.
  6. longarm

I'll almost be willing to bet that all the ones who hate silver and gold here among us has all their wealth tied up in the financial products they were herded into and now they're facing losing it all. There's a saying among preppers that goes "Expect the worse, but hope for the best" and I think that's all we can really do.

7. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

So you're saying you are elementary educated on American history. Wonderful! But some of us are educated to the college level, master's level, PhD level on history, national security, political science, and other areas relevant to expertly gauge the risks of the United States falling to tyranny.

It takes more than a 6th grade education to do that, friend.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. longarm

9. longarm

I guess some can while others can't, figures.

Hookman likes this.
  10. Cachecoins

Actually it is just a representation of value not much different than paper. The real value is in the land and resources. There are almost no practical uses for gold and silver which made them perfect to be used to represent value.... ironically they have very little practical value otherwise...they are pretty. They only have value if there is a consensus....like a market or economy that says it has value....

But I won't argue the point...as long as you have land, food, water, weapons, and fuel among other practical items of value to real survival you are good to go. Gold is pretty...that's it's main use....pretty stuff.

If I was starving armed to the teeth i(which I am) in a time of economic and social collapse I would take everything from you but your gold. :)

11. Cachecoins

I don't hate silver and gold, they are pretty and I would certainly buy and sell it. but I have my money in land. You know those people selling you that gold and silver is probably taking paper / electric cirrency at a profit right. :)

12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Most actually don't hate it, but do not like seeing it pushed as an investment as aside from very short spurts it's a horrendous investment especially the physical form. The same goes for the nonsense that it would be a barter item or form of money if the country somehow collapsed (which it wont) or chaos happened. No one would be bartering for PMs if that actually did happen.

There's a reason why every PM seller is more than happy to take real money aka dollars for their metals at every chance they can.

The world is shut down right now and metals have done nothing and proven without question to not be the doomsday savior metal bugs push them as

RonSanderson likes this.
  13. longarm

Hmmmm… who would not want you to buy silver? How about Apple and every other cell phone maker, why you ask? Because their products cannot work without it and if the price goes up, their bottom line goes down. Just like every computer maker, TV maker and even GM and Ford buy massive amounts, because they have to, so what would happen to any of them if they were unable to source their silver? They take around 500 mozs a year for industrial uses, well let's see what happens when they can't get cheap silver.

14. longarm

Haha, that's funny. Anyway all jokes aside, do not sell if you don't absolutely have to. Then we'll find out the real value.

15. baseball21

We know what the real value is

16. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

If someone has a can of spam and you have a bunch of silver since they really don't need the silver to survive but you have to eat they may just tell you they want a hundred onces for it.

17. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

This seems to be a vicious and intentional misunderstanding of the poster’s intent. If you are so educated, you should be able to recognize an award based on merit and grant the appropriate level of appreciation. Instead, we have the lowest level of elitist name-calling. This is a shameful post to read. Perhaps you should read up on the nature of the award and try again with a more nuanced approach to what you intend to say - perhaps fact-based, this time.

longarm and Inspector43 like this.
  18. Jeffjay

The one with the biggest garden wins!

Cachecoins likes this.
  19. baseball21

No, no one is trading food or guns or ammo or medicine if society is gone and the world in is chaos because the dollar means nothing. Doesn't even account for the nukes that would go off and why the situation can't happen but you only trade for metals or money when there is a supply line, when that line is gone it doesn't happen

20. Jeffjay

Wow. Nice neighbor.

longarm likes this.
  21. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Sounds just like what Hillary wanted. You know, for the USA to become part of the EU. I don't think it will ever happen because we the people will maintain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.