Some hope for those bullion collectors

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Mountain Man, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Bullion collectors and silver stackers, you may come out ahead in the long run. The VERY long run.

Buying and saving (for a long time) some of the silver could really pay off. Look at this old one and its asking price now (89 years later).
    HK-822 1933 Pedley-Ryan Type I SCD
    $1,650.00 · NGC MS 63
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

john65999, Mr.Q, LA_Geezer and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Interesting, there's nothing that says 1 oz 999 fine or anything to indicate its a silver round. Pretty cool.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

5. Cinco71

Cinco71 Well-Known Member

I know this is just my opinion, but that has to be the most boring looking coin I've ever seen placed in a slab. What's there to admire -- the font? The generous use of negative space?

johnyb and Mr.Q like this.
  6. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Sometimes it's the history that attracts people especially to tokens. Tokens can not only be pretty plain to look at they can be outright hideous looking. People will buy them for the history and the rarity.

-jeffB and LA_Geezer like this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

It isn't a coin, its a silver round, which doesn't need a design, its who issued it that makes it a collectible.

-jeffB, Mr.Q and LA_Geezer like this.
  8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Pretty plain Jane, but it’s the history
    that makes the coin, and it looks like that one has plenty :)

-jeffB and LA_Geezer like this.
  9. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

There is a TV show called History's Mysteries. That bullion has both. Thanks for sharing.

10. DonaldPH

DonaldPH New Member

11. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

bullion from ship wrecks and old enghlehards and some private smelters are collectible as well, but if shtf, well, collectability goes out the window, cept for the 1% in their doomsday bun=galows, still looking at their heirlooms whilst the city burns... whiskey women and bullets will have value, maybe food, (but you can hunt for that) all else, is just a burden, imagine lugging around 10 pounds of silver during an apocalypses???

FryDaddyJr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted