[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, May, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Welcome, and good luck! We've got some fun prizes for the upcoming June giveaway, too (including some tiny gold), so stay tuned for that as well.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Entry Post- Preferance 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Another month, another giveaway! @lordmarcovan is an excellent person to have in our community. Generous and knowledgeable.

As for my coin related material... I am usually not into mint products. They're expensive and generally lose value, however i really like this recent release! I haven't purchased it, and who knows if i will. Attached is a picture of the reverse. I think the perspective is different and well executed. American Legion Reverse.png

4. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Entry post
    1 3 2 4 5 6 7

1896 H British North Borneo Cent
    Mintage: 1,000,000
    Weight: 9.25 g
    Diameter: 29.6 mm

20190405_121757.jpg 20190405_121911.jpg

5. MommaHenn

MommaHenn Active Member

ENTRY POST
    No preference on prizes...would be grateful for any of them, should my number be drawn

The small coin pictured below was given to me by another military spouse in 2010. I carry it in my wallet at all times. The larger coin was given to me during my husband’s retirement ceremony in 2013. It too is in my wallet at all times. Hubby joined the USAF in 1986; we met in ‘89; married in ‘90; retired in 2013. These coins remind me of all of the sacrifices made between the hubby, kids and myself...sacrifices that none of us would trade for anything in the world...sacrifices that hubby made to make sure that our country was safe. It was our life, both good and bad & it was such a life that has made our family who we are today.

A heartfelt thank you goes to LordM and the rest of the May 2019 donors...the generosity of each of you is truly appreciated!

6739F199-B7E4-4F76-B301-5CEFDC8FC9FC.jpeg D692D500-7646-404D-896E-887065B2E035.jpeg

6. lordmarcovan

The June giveaway is launched, a bit early, since I might not be around on the 1st. If I don't get a chance to do the drawings for this one on the 1st, you may consider the deadline for the May giveaway extended until I do.

Click the picture to see the June giveaway. :)

[​IMG]

7. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Entry Post

1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6, 7.

I like Coins.

I also "like Ike".

So collecting some really nice Eisenhower dollars is pretty cool.

My pic from the Long Beach show four years ago. My lovely choices of coins and supplies to bring home. Aside from Peanut, who likes coins too, who else here "likes Ikes"?

[​IMG]

8. Mark1971

Mark1971 Active Member

Entry Post
    I have recently moved and my pocket change is really starting to build up since I have not had any time to go through it. Oh well, the pile will just have to keep growing until I finish all of my painting and unpacking.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

Entry post.

Preference ordering: 6,2,1,5,4,3,7

For those who haven't seen it before, this Numista tool is pretty nifty:

numista-map.png
    Yes, I like standard circulation silver! Need to do better about focusing on higher grades.

Bayern and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I also love all silver coins, the ones the circulate have so much character to them. I love the Philippines silver coins!

Bayern, Ag76 and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Me too. :)

6aJOC1uNRvuvY4N0qjfZ_24573348-800x500.png

Bayern, NLL, Noah Finney and 3 others like this.
  12. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Entry post 1,6,5,4,2,3,7

Yesterday I was reorganizing my paper money collection and took some pictures of my favorite bill in my collection. I found it interesting that when this bill was made which would have been around the series year of 1928 that you could take that bill to a bank and exchange it for 50 dollars in gold coin. I certainly would rather have two double eagles and a eagle over that 50 dollar bill! 20190531_152813.jpg 20190531_152824.jpg 20190531_152846.jpg

MommaHenn, Bayern, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  13. lordmarcovan

Yeah, I think we all would! That's a neat old note, though. Think of what that could buy (and did buy) 90 years ago. The stock market crash came in '29 and then it was the Great Depression and that 50 bucks would have been an even bigger sum of money to most folks. I'll bet you could have bought an old used car with that, back in the day.

14. Bayern

Bayern Active Member

Entry post~ 1,4,6,5,2,3,7.
    Recent addition to collection: Mysia, Parion~silver drachm, 5th-4th century B.C.
    AE6051C5-A5F6-48ED-BC5D-82A81E820A81.jpeg

Noah Finney and lordmarcovan like this.
  15. Bayern

Bayern Active Member

Numista is a great site. And I also like silver~ here are pics of my collection page :cat: :
    D983EF74-B8AF-4D26-9AED-43CBE5F05170.png 7F42FA3F-786B-4FB5-91B2-F3473561E377.png

Ag76 likes this.
  16. lordmarcovan

I need to check out more of the Numista features. So far I have used it only to find KM numbers or weights and diameters and such.

17. lordmarcovan

Welcome to June, everyone.

I'm about to fire up the random number generator and do the drawings. Will post the May winners soon. (Bear with me, as some of this process is tedious when done via mobile device.)

Noah Finney likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Here are the WINNERS OF THE MAY CONTEST, as selected by the random.org random number generator.

This is the order in which the eligible entry posts were drawn:

#41- @Nyatii - gets Prize #1, which was donated by me, @lordmarcovan, but will be shipped by @C-B-D. *received

#81 - @TeddyGO - gets Prize #7, which was donated by @Devyn5150. *still unclaimed as of 6/17

#172 - @Mark1971 - gets Prize #2, which was donated by me, @lordmarcovan. *received

#66 - @Neal - gets Prize #4, which was donated by @spirityoda. *received

#87 - @Paddy54 - gets Prize #5, which was donated by @Stevearino. *received

#110 - @kazuma78 - gets Prize #3, which was donated by @spirityoda. *shipped

#30 - @Devyn5150 - gets Prize #6, which was donated by @Trish. *received

And there we have it, folks! Congratulations to the winners, and many thanks as usual to my kind donor partners.

Winners: get in touch with the donor for your prize via private message. I'll also send out a group PM as usual.

As previously mentioned, the June giveaway is already up and running, so be sure and enter over there.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    egodoro, Tlberg, MommaHenn and 2 others like this.
  19. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Yah! Thank you! I'm finally a winner. Although that may be disputed by most people that know me.

MommaHenn, Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  20. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Thank you to Lord M for not only the contest, but for his passion in helping others in this hobby of ours.... and of course all the contributers. You all ROCK!

MommaHenn and Hookman like this.
  21. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Thank you very much!! I'll see if I can donate something for July to help out again

MommaHenn and Hookman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.