[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, May, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post 3,2,4,1,6,7,5

Found my first 2019 ATB quarter in change in Dalton, GA while moving to Murfreesboro,TN. Furthermore, to my dismay it is not a W. IMG_2662.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Entry post. Big thanks to all the generous donors and also to the mastermind behind this continuing bonanza!

Got this tin piti the other day, told by the seller it is a double piti as it has devices on both sides rather than the normal blank reverse. Indonesia - Palembang, possibly 1801-1821. 1804-1821 ID-PB piti obv.JPG 1804-1821 ID-PB piti rev.JPG

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I don't know the first thing about these. Hey, don't forget to pick your prize preference order.

5. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, sorry. 3, 6, 7, then anything.

6. lordmarcovan

@spirityoda
    @Stevearino
    @Trish
    @Devyn5150

Just because y'all are donors doesn't mean you can't enter if you want to.

If we ended up with a situation where you were about to win one of your own donations, we'd just assign you the next available prize, or if no other available prizes were left, we'd pick another winner.

For the sake of propriety, since I'm the one running the random drawing, I will not enter. But nothing says y'all can't be eligible, too. Enter or not, at your choice.

7. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Entry Post 1,5,6,7,4,3,2. Thank you for the contest.
    IMG_E0626.JPG

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  8. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Thanks, my Lord M., but I'll pass this month. It would sort of being like kissing my sister.

Steve

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

:yuck::hungover:

lordmarcovan and Stevearino like this.
  10. Tin_Man_0

Tin_Man_0 Active Member

Entry Post 5,2,6,4,3,1,7

I think I finally found one... 20190501_041134 (2).jpg 20190501_041201 (2).jpg WIN_20190501_04_03_58_Pro.jpg

11. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Entry Post 4. 5. 2. 3. 1. 6. (-7).

Congrats to last month’s winners. As I wasn’t apart of that lot and as a contributor this month, yes, I’m entering myself in accordance with the contest stipulations... I really want the Shakespeare! LOL.

A9AA41E5-111D-44F6-A851-FD2D4D11E6F9.jpeg

A nicely toning ‘81 for 15$ at the flea market. Of course I can’t photograph it right but yeah... the obverse ain’t nearly as toned as pictured and the reverse toning is primarily about and around the rim... I gotta get a new camera!

12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Thank you, but I will pass.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. Wanderingbark116

Wanderingbark116 Active Member

Entry Post!!!

2, 5, 6, 1, 7, 4, 3

I almost fell out of my chair when I was examining this nickel. I thought I had found my first Doubled Die. But nooooope. Stupid push doubling! The hunt continues! 20190428_062452.jpg

14. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Entry post 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I’ll have to load an image later. My cointalk hasn’t been very good about loading images since I got my new phone.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. egodoro

egodoro Member

entry post

Hello Coin Talk community! First post here.

I’ve attached a no-filtered picture of a really tough looking nickel still in the original 1961 mint set I’ve had for ages. Love the blue toning on Jefferson’s bust and Monticello and wanted to share it with you.

Attached Files:

16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I really appreciate you thinking of us. I'm going to pass because sometimes it's fun to watch (no comments) :) and read everyone's entries.

17. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Entry post
    Thank You for your generosity lordmarcovan !......and everyone else the contributed. Within the next few weeks..... I am planning on buying a dansco 7070. My local coin dealer ordered it and has it in. I planning to put some of my favrotie us coins in the album such as......
    The 2 1/2 gold coin........ One of the seated liberty quarters.......and possibly a slabbed franklin half.
    IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG IMG_2878.jpg IMG_2877.jpg
    Thanks again!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  18. lordmarcovan

Hey, Noah! The 7070 is lots of fun. I did it a couple times. Love that 1844 quarter (I have a thing for that date), and the Indian quarter-eagle, too! I've been wanting to add one of those to the Eclectic Box, but gold is so much more expensive than it was the last time I had one of those, 16 or 17 years ago.

Don't forget to put the words "entry post" into your post!

Noah Finney likes this.
  19. Charles Reese

Charles Reese Member

Entry Post 7,1,3,5,2,4,6

Started my collection back up after years of lagging. Building up collection of Silver Eagles, all 50 States Proof Sets, all Presidential Proof Dollars all graded. (Gonna leave them to my grandchildren after I kick up daises). Acquired Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar, 2019 Gold 1/10 of ounce (all I could afford), and 2019 W Proof Cent. 2019 apollo 11th Ann.JPG 2019 gold.JPG 2019 w penny edited.JPG

20. lordmarcovan

21. lordmarcovan

This is a free extra entry for @egodoro, since he chose to make his first CoinTalk post here.

This means that If the random number generator lands on the number 40 (this is Post #40), then @egodoro will win a prize, just the same as he would if it lands on 34 (for Post #34 - the entry post he already made).

So, @egodoro- your lucky numbers for May are 34 and 40, and may the random number generator smile upon thee at the end of the month! ;)

I will occasionally give out a few of these little "extra chances" (but only up to a maximum of three members per month). It gives a few folks a small boost in the probability but still keeps the drawings random and fair.

So far nobody has won as a result of one of these "bonus chances", but I suppose it may happen eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.