Hologram coins? Anyone collect these?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by MontCollector, Jun 30, 2017.

1. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

While I don't usually purchase bullion coins I do have a couple color coins and this Hologram coin.

It is the 2006 $20 CN Tower commemorative coin. Minted by the RCM with minting numbers at 15000 coins world wide. Or so the COA states.

I bought mine in a Pawn Shop here in Montana. When I saw it in hand I hand to have it. You can find these on ewwbay but the photo's never do the coin justice.

This is not an advertisement, just wanted to show you what this coin looks like from different lighting angles. IMG_0004-horz.jpg IMG_0002_1-horz.jpg

This is just from three angles. It changes even more in hand.

Anyone else have some of these? Please post them I would love to see them.

Edit: I wasn't sure where to post this as this is both a World coin and a Bullion coin. It might fit better in World coins...I don't know. Moderators please move if necessary.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

4. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I have a few hologram coins from Kazakhstan. They're part of the flora series. I think they do a great job in the mint and like it that the hologram is only one of the blossoms. The one below shows Tulipa regelii (Regel's tulip) a hardy native that grows in the mountains. It's a one ounce silver coin denominated as 500 tenge.

Kazakhstan is in central Asia, is the ninth largest country in total area and the largest landlocked country.

Cal
    500_tenge_Kazakhstan_2006_commem_Tulipa_regelii_obv_low_res.jpg 500_tenge_Kazakhstan_2006_commem_Tulipa_regelii_rev_low_res.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. MontCollector

I only knew of the ones from Canada. Are there enough different ones of these to make a "Post Your Hologram Coins" Thread?

6. calcol

I know Canada, Australia, and Kazakhstan produce hologram coins. I think the proposed thread is a good idea. However, there are private companies that produce hologram coins (i.e. rounds), and some put holograms on coins issued by governments (like American silver eagles). I think the thread should be only for hologram coins issued by the authority of a government and should have the hologram created at the mint. Of course, this would have to be a request ... no way to enforce it as a rule.

Thread should be in the Coin Chat forum because it gets the most traffic.

Cal

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  7. calcol

Probably the thread should be "Post your government-authorized hologram coins". This would hopefully avoid the huge number of post-mint hologram coins.
    Cal

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Those are really cool, i have to say :)

9. MontCollector

Okay gonna make a Post your thread. I'd really like to see more.

10. MontCollector

Draft saved Draft deleted