Post your World Hologram Coins (Government minted Only)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MontCollector, Jul 1, 2017.

1. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I will start with the only one I own.

2006 Canada $20 CN Tower Commemorative Hologram coin. Reverse shown from 3 different lighting angles IMG_0004-horz.jpg IMG_0002_1-horz.jpg

I know there are a lot more examples of Hologram coins and would love to see them all. Try to get them from different lighting angles like the one above if needed to show it off.

Now lets see yours!!:)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I have a few hologram coins from Kazakhstan. They're part of the flora series. I think they do a great job in the mint and like it that the hologram is only one of the blossoms. The one below shows Tulipa regelii (Regel's tulip) a hardy native that grows in the mountains. It's a one ounce silver coin denominated as 500 tenge.

Kazakhstan is in central Asia, is the ninth largest country in total area and the largest landlocked country.

Cal
    500_tenge_Kazakhstan_2006_commem_Tulipa_regelii_obv_low_res.jpg 500_tenge_Kazakhstan_2006_commem_Tulipa_regelii_rev_low_res.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

2006 Canada 50 cents... KM#650 , .925 silver.

DSC_9646.JPG
    DSC_9648.JPG

5. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Whhhhaaaaatt That's... coooool

MontCollector likes this.
  6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Really like this one. If you don't mind, how much was it???

I have this set, but hard to photograph, at least with my tablet cam.
    s-l400.png
    (sellers pic.)

calcol and MontCollector like this.
  7. Johndoe2000$

Yeah, you have me doing price comparisons for this one. Am definitely interested if price isn't too "colorful" :confused:

8. MontCollector

I bought mine in a pawn shop here in Montana. I believe it was around $20-$25. It was quite some time ago

Johndoe2000$ and C-B-D like this.
  9. Johndoe2000$

When comparing to some of Moonlightmint.com hologram medals/tokens, these are of similar, if not better quality. I am definitely going to get one. I don't usually collect this type, but every now and then, I'll see one that catches my eye/imagination. Again, thanks for this thread idea.

10. MontCollector

Your welcome.:)

I am hoping to keep this thread to Government mited coins from different countries. If there isn't enough interest in those, then I will expand to any hologram coin both government and privately minted.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  11. ddddd

ddddd Member

@Johndoe2000$ I used to have that set as well. I sold most of them, but did keep one coin since they are quite cool. NGC grades them and will give them the "SP" designation instead of "MS" or "PF."

IMG_8038.JPG

12. ddddd

ddddd Member

I also have a 2013 Ukrainian Hologram coin.
    It features the Vyshyvanka, which is a type of traditional clothing.

Here is some more info about the coin:
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces50439.html

Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos, so here are some pictures from an ebay seller ("fanskating"):
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      14.3 KB
      Views:
    calcol and MontCollector like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted