Help! - Does anyone know who Quarternotes Ltd. are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by paddyman98, Apr 22, 2020.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer Well-Known Member

That's a lot of back trauma. May your recovery be quick and thorough.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & avid numismatist Moderator

@Stevearino - mend well. Sorry to hear of your woes. :( @Paddy54 has also had some serious health issues of late, so y’all will be in my prayers (literally- not a figure of speech).

I have not seen that particular QuarterNotes issue. At least not yet. The Quarter Master is very generous with his mailings. I shall have to pay more attention to the mail that piles up on the desk. (Ladymarcovan handles the bills, so I have the luxury of occasionally letting my mail stack up, unexamined.)

Kentucky and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. Stevearino

Stevearino Supporter! Supporter

Well, two goals accomplished: made it up the stairs AND found my Minnesota stamped quarter. "SHOT O' POP" is the counter stamp. My first guess is that in MN we call soda "pop." I would welcome other insights.

Again, I feel honored to have been chosen!
    tempImageOqaOjJ.png tempImagelUtUM4.png tempImageOqaOjJ.png

Steve

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

Glad to see you're doing better @Stevearino! If you look at my post on the previous page, my Minnesota quarter is counter stamped "6 OZ COKE". I thought it was easy enough having to do with the old Coca Cola bottles but The QuarterMaster has told me in an email that there is a second, humorous, way of interpreting the inscription and that, taken together with your coin "these two coins might be easier to solve than individually".

So we have "SHOT O' POP" and "6 OZ COKE". I'm at work now but welcome all on these pages to help with the sleuthing on this!

Stevearino likes this.
  6. TrueCrimeDumpster

TrueCrimeDumpster New Member

My dad is very active on this board and since I've been coming to his house more often during Covid, I'm learning all the nuances of him being in this online forum...including this quarter guy! I asked him how I can be apart of the "Quarter Notes" club and he had no idea. I asked him how the "Quarter Master" got his address. Again, he didn't know! What?! Quarter Master--come find me! Ha.

7. TrueCrimeDumpster

My dad is very active on this board and since I've been coming to his house more often during Covid, I'm learning all the nuances of him being in this online forum...including this quarter guy! I asked him how I can be apart of the "Quarter Notes" club and he had no idea. I asked him how the "Quarter Master" got his address. Again, he didn't know! What?! Quarter Master--come find me! Ha.

8. TrueCrimeDumpster

9. TrueCrimeDumpster

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. TTang

TTang Member

This is by far the most interesting thread I've encountered....$50 note? Hit me up?! I wonder what's the purpose of this operation, rather than the identity of the person

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Perhaps " Mini Soda " (Minnesota)

12. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

Good Lord...........yes....... *( slaps forehead with palm )*

John Burgess and paddyman98 like this.
  13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ditto.

14. Treashunt