Help! - Does anyone know who Quarternotes Ltd. are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by paddyman98, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

hmmm...
    wouldn't Doug say that?

lordmarcovan and ZoidMeister like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I suppose he would deny it, if indeed it is Doug. I tend to believe this individual though, in him saying he is not.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hey QuarterMaster

Bills Trees?
    Capture+_2021-10-13-09-27-05.png

5. paddyman98

Hey QuarterMaster
    Billeters?
    Capture+_2021-10-13-09-49-07.png

Except in Pennsylvania ;)

@Treashunt
    I think I solved it

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  6. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take it personally. There is something people have posted that he/she seems to be tipping their hat to, is my take.

And remember, if it helps any, Groucho Marx said he wouldn't want to belong to any organization that would have him as a member!! :smuggrin:

(I just found this thread and found it creative and fun to follow along. I started on the first page and jumped to the end when I realized how many pages were involved. I surfed back and forth to see what it is about. Thanks to the QM for making life a little more amusing and creative and Paddyman for being befuddled and starting the thread.)

7. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

There are some threads on CT that are hundreds of pages long, so this one is not bad at all.

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This is kind of how I see it. While I burn with curiosity like everyone else, I’m content to see the true identity of the Quarter Master remain a mystery.

The enigma can be both frustrating and fun, at the same time. ;)

9. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

There are no great mysteries in life, anymore. Ultrasound even reveals child's sex before birth. Is this the last great mystery?

Hookman and Cliff Reuter like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

That thought did occur to me (and likely several others), but … nope.

(I doubt it, anyway.) ;)

PS- @Treashunt - I still owe you an unspecified “cheap but fun” giveaway prize, as previously promised. Since you already had a Churchill crown, I was gonna rummage through my US odds-n’-ends for something for you. But in the course of a hectic week and holiday weekend, that fell by the wayside. (But has not been forgotten.)

Edit: now shipped, in the 10/14 AM mail.

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

No problem at all.

I have been crazy with work.

12. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

True to a degree but ... I hope the following non-numismatic story is ok.
    My first wife and I were silent and confused by the doctor's "Congratulations on your son!" during the birth of our last child. When he noticed our befuddled looks, he glanced over his shoulder and said "Yup, I've seen 'that' hundreds of times before." We chuckled, apologized, and said the ultrasound tech had told us we were having a girl.
    It actually made picking a name easy for us since we were still trying to settle on a girl's name. You want your child's name to be perfect. Since the baby "wasn't" a boy, we had agreed quickly about our best name for a boy. LOL
    (Hope this digression from coins is ok.)

13. paddyman98

@lordmarcovan
    I don't know if you noticed the last two posts I recently created? The QuarterMaster sent me a new Counterstamped Quarter last week with a riddle to solve. He told me to give my guesses and post them on this thread ;)
    Maybe we will soon see some other members also post :woot:

14. lordmarcovan

This just arrived a few minutes ago.

Reckon I should open it, or toss it in the recycle bin? ;)

Heavy-ish, at 1.3 oz…

61A89B38-CC5C-4D4C-B8F5-1D212D429D45.jpeg

15. lordmarcovan

Maybe I should keep everyone in suspense. ;)

It's way past my bedtime. I got off work at 7:00 AM, and it's 12:33 PM now... *yawn*

16. lordmarcovan

OK, seein’s how @Oldhoopster is apparently online (just “liked” the previous message), I reckon I should probably post this.

Very interesting…

96F197EB-00E8-4451-95F8-E7C0F567BBBC.jpeg

A2253FA5-DEEC-4E17-9D25-E3B93E87A6FF.jpeg

Well, @Oldhoopster - you heard read the Mystery Man…

PM me yer snailmail address, forthwith, so that I can get this thing off in the mail before the spider eggs inside hatch, or the anthrax packet springs a leak, or whatever! :nailbiting:;)

Hm. So apparently the All-Seeing Eye has at least one or two blind spots, eh?

Like I said, very interesting…

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  17. lordmarcovan

That last sentence in the latest letter must be referring to this.

Thanks, Quarter Master. I’ll keep this Andy. I’m desperately overdue for a haircut, and my barber only takes old fashioned paper payment- none of that newfangled plastic stuff.

18. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

That's awesome @Oldhoopster! Congrats!
    And I'm glad the miscreants have been dealt with. Wish i could get some of that around here.

Congrats @John Burgess too!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  19. lordmarcovan

Oops- silly me- I initially only attached the back of that letter, above. The post has now been updated to show the front first.

(Hopefully I just narrowly escaped a flogging myself, for that temporary oversight.) :eek:

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  20. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

21. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Draft saved Draft deleted