Help! - Does anyone know who Quarternotes Ltd. are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by paddyman98, Apr 22, 2020.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

This is pretty cool :)
    I've never received a Quarter Notes letter but I've seen them both here on CT and also random people finding them and posting them on Reddit.
    It's pretty interesting :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I’ve got the new QN envelope on my desk, in yesterday’s as-yet unopened mail. Pinched the envelope to confirm the suspected presence of a quarter inside. Yep!

I’ll sit down to my desk and work on the mail- incoming and outgoing- soon.

Speaking of which, I have another 8-piece lot of the Quarter Master’s handiwork to ship, from the latest giveaway, and a giveaway of another eight pieces to launch, very soon. Watch the Contests forum!

4. furryfrog02

5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Pennsylvania translates to Penn's Woods. A nickname for William is Bill. So William Penn's woods = Bill's Trees

RonSanderson, Stevearino, DEA and 5 others like this.
  6. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I also received a letter in the mail today. I’ll open it up once I get a chance later this evening.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

Man, This guy REALLY gets around.
    Color me impressed.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm looking forward to this round of mystery as well.
    Are all of the envelopes still return addressed to PR?

BuffaloHunter and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nope still haven't won yet:(:(my luck might be running out.

10. BuffaloHunter

I did receive the same letter and counter stamped quarter already mentioned.

I wonder if this is in reference to Bill Cosby……

“Hey, you kids, get outta that Jello tree”

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  11. BuffaloHunter

Yes, it is. Same as before.

Of the four letters I’ve received, two were postmarked from Jacksonville and two from Fort Meyers.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

13. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

That is too funny! The QuarterMaster watches the contests! Mr. QuarterMaster, i was lucky enough to win one of the lots that you and @lordmarcovan so generously gave away. Just wanted to say Thank You. I should have posted sooner, my apologies. I was also the lucky random winner of a crisp 20 dollar bill, still unspent and in original fold pattern, in my lucky coin sack.
    20211003_092542.jpg
    Again, thank you both for keeping this so fun.

14. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Oops.
    As far as my guess on the counterstamp,
    Bill's Trees
    We all know William Penn founded Pennsylvania, and he was a HUGE proponent of the usages of hemp, therefore, "Bill's Trees".
    I figured it was pretty obvious.
    Thank you, I'll take my prize in raw honey, please.

15. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

I have heard of QuarterNotes but have no clue (apparently no one esle does either) who they are. I guess if one is lucky enough to get on their list it would be a good thing (with the exception of driving ya crazy trying to figure out who he/she/it/they are!!)
    Semper Fi
    Phil

16. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I don’t know who they are. I did discover today that if I type quarter on my phone…. The first option that pops up is QuarterNotes!

17. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I got another today. Its at my home address so I don't have it but by now I have at least four Maine state ones.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

When I type in Quarter on my computer keyboard, the first 5 hits are just random quarter references. It isn't until I look at my history list that the first 4 hits are Quarternote references to CT pages.

lordmarcovan and CoinJockey73 like this.
  19. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

What I find odd is that though this is ostensively a contest, you can only enter the contest if you receive, or have received, a letter from Quartermaster. That leaves a lot of us out of the game. Personally, I like solving riddles of this nature.
    However, I've never wanted to be part of something where I'm not wanted.

20. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

This is all way too cool! I probably do not even understand it, and that is quite all right. Keep up the good work, whoever you are!

lordmarcovan and CoinJockey73 like this.
  21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

OK, got mine today and my brain flashed a message that Pennsylvania came into being with a land grant to William Penn, and being heavily forested, using the Latin name for the forest deity Sylvanus, they combined the terms and came up with Pennsylvania or Penn's Woods...in plain speak Bill's Trees!

RonSanderson, Hookman and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted