[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, April, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Sooooo @lordmarcovan how many official Entry Post entries registered?

Is it early yet? :smuggrin:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

There were 140 total replies to this thread, counting the one you just made. Of course not all of those are eligible entry posts.

What I will do next is go to random.org and have their random number generator pick numbers from 1 to 140. Every time it lands on a "dud draw" (an ineligible post or one of my own), I draw another number until it lands on an eligible entry post, repeating the process until we have six winners for the six prize lots.

I'm about to do that in a few minutes.

Tlberg and masterswimmer like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

Here are the WINNERS OF THE APRIL CONTEST, as selected by the random.org random number generator.

This is the order in which the eligible entry posts were drawn:

#19 - @Dougmeister - gets Prize #3, which was donated by @Nas.
    #100 - @rp3989 - gets Prize #4, which was donated by @Nas.
    #44 - @Ryro - gets Prize #5, which was donated by @kazuma78.
    #48 - @Wanderingbark116 - gets Prize #1, which was donated by me, @lordmarcovan.
    #51 - @Bambam8778 - gets Prize #2, which was donated by me, @lordmarcovan.
    #53 - @Patrick M - gets Prize #6, which was donated by @mrbadexample.

Two people (and I won't say who) would have won something, had they followed the instructions, but got passed over for incomplete entries (no coin-related content in their posts, and/or prize preference choices).

And there we have it, folks! Congratulations to the winners, and many thanks as usual to my kind donor partners.

Winners: get in touch with the donor for your prize via private message. I'll also send out a group PM as usual.

As previously mentioned, the May giveaway is already up and running, so be sure and enter over there. It will play the same way as this one, though there are seven prize lots instead of six.

And don't feel like you have to sit that one out if you were a winner here. Since the prizes are randomly drawn, that's all in the hands of Lady Luck, and if she (i.e., the random.org bot) decides to give you a streak, so be it.

5. Larry jerome

Larry jerome New Member

And many thanks to you @lordmarcovan for all your hard work on putting the contest together and distributing the prizes. One day I might inquire as to how I may put a couple things in the kitty for the contest. Mind you the cupboard is kinda bare over here but if it is free everyone likes it.

Tlberg, Cheech9712, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

Exactly. Free stuff is good stuff, regardless.

Tlberg, Shrews1994 and Hookman like this.
  7. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners and Good luck to entrants for the May contest. Thanks to all the donors and @lordmarcovan for the contest.

Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  8. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Hookman, Nas and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

THank you for doing this!!

Hookman likes this.
  10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Congrats to all the winners!
    Kudos and good karma to all the prize donors! Thank you all.

Hookman likes this.
  11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Another good month

12. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Congrats to the other winners! Many thanks to @lordmarcovan for taking the time to organize this contests and to the donors as well! My prize is donated by @mrbadexample Thank you very much!

Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
  13. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Woohoooo! I won! Thanks so much Lord M!

14. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Thank you so much! I will be using these to build my boys world coin collection to teach them about the world and get them excited about numismatics!

Theodosius and Hookman like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

(Very belated reply)

@Dougmeister - that plastic "coin" is hilarious, with the gibberish "AVAG CO BEPSIG" legends on it. Hopefully your giveaway win here makes up for getting that in a roll of half dollars, right?

See? Karma! ;)

Dougmeister likes this.
  16. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Wow! !! Thanks @lordmarcovan ! Just got your package today (had a hold on the mail. Was on vacation). Couldn’t have asked for nicer Jefferson’s AND! The little extra German gift was a nice touch mein Freund!

17. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Actually that "gibberish" means something. One of the meanings seems to be a warning about an ancient witch, from the Bible.
    Another says " These coins are evil".
    It's actually a much longer phrase. AVAG CO BEPSIG is the abbreviation.

So I googled " Translate AVAG CO BEPSIG " and got lots of hits. I only read a few and those two are some of them.

Here's one :
    avag-co-bepsig

JeffC, Patrick M and Charlie Cliques like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Well, now that is fascinating. So not gibberish after all, then! (Or not completely gibberish, anyway.) Cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.