2019-W Proof Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by UncleScroge, Mar 1, 2019.

1. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

I received a confirmation email from USMint.gov that was acknowledging my order for the San Francisco 2019 Proof Set. In the email's confirmation it notes that a Proof Penny 2019 is also ordered as a Bonus and a Penny Envelope West Point (W) as a Bonus. This leads me to believe the US Mint is releasing a 2019-W Lincoln Penny. Any thoughts? US Mint Order partial snapshot.jpg US Mint Email partial snapshot.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

you didn't see this when you ordered the sets?

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Oh my, they're doing the bonus thing too! :D I wonder what's up with that?

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

A one-cent bonus that will pop like a zit in 20 years. What did we do to get this bonus?

10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

11. dwhiz

and 2 more to be issued, I hope the TPG will do a holder for all 3. 2019 W cent.jpg

Dougmeister and JPeace$ like this.
  12. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

"This special coin is packaged separately in clear United States Mint plastic wrap. This is the first of three sets to include an additional special edition penny with a “W” mint mark in 2019. The United States Mint Silver Proof Set® will include an additional special edition penny with a reverse proof finish and the United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set® will include an additional special edition penny with an uncirculated finish." From the mint site. Explains a bit further on HOW to get them.

13. dwhiz

@Silverhouse "packaged separately in clear United States Mint plastic wrap"
    More like a poly bag, like the folks in northern NH sells their coins in/ 2019-W 1c PR A.jpg

wxcoin, Seattlite86 and Bambam8778 like this.
  14. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how long it will take for *coughs* "toned" examples to show up from the baggy?

Brina and dwhiz like this.
  15. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Not good for long term storage I would think.

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Does this mean that the Silver Proof set will have the reverse proof cent? That's what I infer from post #10.

dwhiz likes this.
  17. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

yes, and the uncirculated coin set will have the unc. cent..

JPeace$ likes this.
  18. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Can someone please link me to the mint set page? I find the phone version user unfriendly for looking for mint sets. I ordered a proof set but want an unc one as well. Thanks!

19. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

20. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

silver proof set release date april 17
    unc. set - may 14

Seattlite86 likes this.
  21. Frenchclan

Frenchclan New Member

Received my proof set and “proof penny” today. The penny looks awful so I called the US mint to see if I could exchange it. Their response after “talking to a supervisor” was that the penny was “a free gift” and the two options were keep everything, including proof set, or return everything but I pay postage there and back for a new one. With no guarantee on anything different on the second round, I won’t spend $10 for a different “proof penny”. Hope others have better luck. The three issue on the top half are coin and not package damage.
    D8AD9C70-7E3C-4FE8-ACC6-EC933EFBDA7C.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted