2011 ASE 25th Anniversary Set (A25) - Order thread

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BullionBully, Oct 27, 2011.

1. dave92029

dave92029 Member

The Mint says your order is Back Ordered so that they can create a waiting list.

Many people order more then they want to keep because they:
    a. know that some items might be damaged and have multiple sets so that they can make one perfect set.
    b. intend to attempt to flip the extras for a profit.
    c. change their mind.
    d. some people order more than the maximum of 5, and the Mint might catch them and cancel those orders.

The Mint accepts returns up to a week after delivery, so they will be using their back order list for probably two weeks after they begin to ship. I don't know how many orders they accept above the 100,000 maximum, but I would guess probably 110-120,000. the actual mintage might be more or less than 100,000 depending on the number damaged that can't be sold.

You don't really know that you will be getting your order until you receive you notice from UPS.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. debordj

debordj Debo

383519XX At 2:49 EST - 1 set

4. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

What a mess... it took me 2 hours to get my 5 sets ordered.

5. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Two separate orders of one set each. 38343xxx and 38360xxx(almost 61). Sell out in a matter of hours?

6. taz

taz devilish for coins

Ok.. approx 3.5hrs later.. order placed. not interesting: backordered... interestingly: date is 11/11/11

7. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

hmm...wonder if that means they've exceeded the 100k limit? Or maybe they can only ship out so many on day one.

8. Levi

Levi Member

<--- Is still waiting for catalog .usmint . gov :computer:

9. justndav76

justndav76 Member

Your order # for 12:21 EST is interesting. I accidentally placed two order of one set each, thought I only placed one order. Anyways my first order went through at 1pm EDT and that order # is 38326XXX so mine went through 40min. after yours but I have a lower order#? Something seems strange about that. My other order must have occurred because I was hitting complete or finish to many times because I never saw a confirmation from the first tab I had open, ironically that only took an additional 15min. or so to go through but it was order# 38334XXX. And now when I go to check my order on the mints website my first order has suspended as status, the later one says hold. WTH is going on with that?

10. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

I would just check your email and see what the confirmation number is there for now. Lots of confusion when stuff sells quick at the Mint. I'm always happy to join in and give some of these websites a good wake up call! lol

11. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

Finally got 2 sets at 2:50, order 38365XXX

12. justndav76

justndav76 Member

thats about the 41,000th order placed roughly....gonna be close for you.

13. G-man422

G-man422 Member

Dang, the site is going sooo slow.

14. Levi

Levi Member

It took about 70 minutes, but I got it.

...and yes, the site sure is slow

15. kydedhed

kydedhed Member

after nearly four hours i am backordered for my oneset 11/11/11
    38369xxx
    woohoo, death star blows up and all are happy

16. mach330

mach330 Junior Member

Just ordered. 8000 left

17. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Order 3836XXXX @ 4 eastern

Rep said not many left.......37,000+ orders...........:eek:

18. blitzen

blitzen Member

i had my order in 38360xxx i think about an hour ago. I judt got the email confirmation. I just tried the site and you can still add it to a shopping cart. I can understand over selling in case some peoples credit cards don't clear or if people cancel but don't they have a counter or something that will create a "sell out' if it's obvious?

19. lubelizard

lubelizard New Member

20. PezDspncr

PezDspncr Newly Obsessed

21. sturmgrenadier

sturmgrenadier Junior Member

I apologize if this question has been asked already (I did a quick scan through both threads and didn't see an answer, but I may have missed it). What does it mean when the website states that your order status is 'held' or 'your order is on hold' (depending on which screen I am on)? Should I be worried? I placed my order at 12:34 PM so I am hoping I made it under the mintage limit. My order# is: 38329XXX Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted