2009 american buffalo one ounce proof gold.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Oct 26, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

gold down and corrected. gold follow stock market down. might be good for us who plans to buy some american buffalo 24k, .9999 fine, $50.00, one ounce proof gold coin. currently at $1,360.00. and can be offer at $1,310.00. only if the gold price average down below $1,050.00. are you planning to buy any?. why and how many?. how you going to estimate its mintage?. and how long the mint going to offer this baby?.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

the mint offering this 2009 american buffalo one ounce proof gold coin on thursday, october 29, 2009. time is 12:00 noon. don't miss it.

2006w --- 252,000
    2007w ----- 60,000
    2008w ----- 19,591

4. elaine 1970

it looks like the 09 proof buffalo price might be lower at $1,310.00.

5. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Did we really need a 3rd post about the '09 proof buffs?

6. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Man, I can't fit even one of them into my budget.

7. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I've seen more than 3 posts so far on this one, almost as hyped as the Lincoln chronicles set, but w/o a mintage limit or order limit, this coin seem relatively uninteresting. Pass.

8. elaine 1970

it is better to decide on December. buy or pass.

9. shovel78

shovel78 Junior Member

I BOUGHT 2 uhr AND WILL PASS.

10. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I think I will re-evaluate the situation towards the end of Nov. Right now I am looking like I might pass on this one.

11. krispy

krispy krispy

With many sounding on the fence at the moment, this week may be the best time to buy the Proof 2009 AGB if the Mint reprices due to the recent down 'moment' in gold. This 'might' be the cheapest, best opportunity to acquire this piece like those who got the UHR when released at $1,189. Read the UHR threads dating from the week before and week of release, the same hesitation over cost and feelings about the coin size, designs, etc. existed then. Perhaps the pullback in gold prices this week will not lead to any 'big correction' below 1k/oz. 1k maybe be the new base for the PM as recently demonstrated during this record range. I plan to decide by the third week of November whether I buy the AGB or not from the Mint this year. Just my thoughts.

12. elaine 1970

2009 american buffalo bullion one ounce gold - 106,000

this is another bullion coin. mintage should be way up.

13. krispy

krispy krispy

elaine: You started this thread about the AGB Proof not AGB bullion, why insert this figure which is already been posted on the updated mintage threads you run?

14. elaine 1970

it is an importance reference. it shown that the mint can put up 50,000 and above for the 2009w american buffalo one ounce gold. while the bullion version can excess 300,000 strong. since mint already acquire sufficient blanks for it. and there is no limit per family and no maximum mintage.

well. since it is beautiful. a lot of collectors and outsiders like it. i might just buy one piece. unless surprises come in. ten maybe i can buy most.

by the way. it is certain that the price for 09 proof buffalo should be $1,310.00.

15. elaine 1970

well. i will buy one UHR and one 09 buffalo proof Thursday and some shipping fee. reason: both coin down $50.00.

UHR double eagle - $1,389.00
    2009 buffalo proof - $1,310.00

16. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Did the '06, '07 and '08s have mintage limits and/or ordering limits ???

I don't remember any.....and I bought lots of the '08s with no mintage limits or ordering limits. It was late last year when we all found out about the low mintages on the '08s.....word spread quick and the few remaining sold out in a couple of days.......IF we had known of the low mintage when they were offered in June of '08 they would have sold out by June 9. Nobody knew the mintage in '08 and nobody knows about the mintage of '09.....except Mr. Moy and he ain't tellin'.....:kewl:

17. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Took 7 months for the '08s to sell out by the way.....

18. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

*crosses fingers in hopes for the same mintage numbers and length of time for me to double, triple, and quadruple down on these bad boys :p

19. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

There were no ordering limits on these....in fact, if you remember, the coin was actually part of the subscription program.

No matter what the price ends up at, I will be buying one of these, just not at this moment. :hammer:

20. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I didn't think so......but lots of folks keep saying no mintage/ordering limits mean high mintages....I just don't get it ??????????:hammer:

21. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I don't get it either....I believe the orders will be higher than normal the first couple of days not because the common collector will be going nuts ordering these, but rather because the large dealers will be ordering more than the usual so they can get their inventory stocked up. Easier for them to do it now than over time. And yes, this will be because there are no limits.....but I don't think that fact alone is reason to believe that the mintages will be high. Ultimately, the mintage will be determined by whether or not people can affords these beauties. I bought the four coin sets last year so I didn't pay attention to the individual 1 oz coins, but the year before, these were going for around $800. From $800 to $1300 is a big jump in two years. Now my income hasn't changed much in two years and $800 was a lot for me then, so for me the price becomes the deciding factor on whether or not I will buy one of these not whether or not these will have a high mintage. But where there is a will, there is a way and I will end up with one of these..... and I can't wait! :smile

Draft saved Draft deleted