Zombucks

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Hotpocket, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sportpak

sportpak Member

Let us know how they fit. I was/am considering this for rounds like this.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I ordered a Blank Dansco album and also ordered 3 - 39mm ported pages. Less than $20 for the whole set up. Purchased everything from Valley Coins.

I almost bought Airtites for them and a corresponding page to fit the outer diameter of the airtite, but I thought they would be too think and i didnt want to double up.

I like the mintage number for the Walker. Hope Morgue Anne comes out the same

4. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Air-Tite themselves offer an album with pages cut to fit their holders. May be an option for those who prefer storage in the Air-Tites.

5. treylxapi47

I seen those too, and I may switch over to that if the mintages stay low through the next 3 or 4. I would prefer the better protection, so we shall see.

6. sportpak

sportpak Member

The book storage could encorage toning. Hmmm

7. treylxapi47

I think I am going to switch over to the Air-Tite album, I was leaning away from that at first, but now i think i want to do the copper rounds too and it will fill the album better that way.

8. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

The Air-Tite albums are economical enough that it's a viable option, I think. I don't think they're much more than Dansco. They also have storage boxes with cards (ends up kind of like a TPG slab) as well, but for display, I'd prefer the album.

9. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

got my dansco 7084 album yesterday, my silver rounds look good in it, i like it, gonna order a blank album with these pages for my copper rounds, tried a few an they look good in it also...

10. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Nvm mintage already posted*

11. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

I am about to make a bold prediction. If you look on the zombuck website there is a clue as to what the next design will be and it mentions something about zombies roaming.. because they used the word roam I will now predict that the next Zombuck design is going to be inspired by the Buffalo Nickel .. you know, "where the Buffalo roam" from Home on the Range...

12. Good thinking. Indian Head or Zombie Buffalo? :)

13. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

They should do both sides of it but I would guess they will have the same bio-hazard icon on the back and just do the Zombified Indian. I'm a sucker for these things... but have you seen what the Walker is going for now on ebay?.. more than an ASE!

14. Limited edition rounds getting this kind of attention... Who would have thunk?

15. Also, I am guessing the obverse of the nickel. I can't wait for the mercury dime or peace.

Think they will stay away from REAL figures? Like Lincoln, Kennedy and so on?

16. heckofagator

heckofagator Member

Isn't the dansco 7084 a 40mm book? Do these rounds fit?

17. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

Yeah, a dead Kennedy would be in bad taste (good band though:)), even Lincoln.. I could see a Washington or any other who died of natural causes...

18. ck1of2

ck1of2 Member

I can definitely see a Ben Franklinstein coming in this series.

Dougmeister and Nuglet like this.
  19. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

John "Addams" (or is that too subtle?)

ck1of2 likes this.
  20. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Gotta agree, the quality sucks. Sloppy minting procedures to say the least. The surface of the coins are hideous. Buy them if you want to but I'm gonna pass.

21. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

I really don't think the surfaces of the coins are gonna matter much after the Zombie apocalypse. Maybe there was a bad batch though because mine look great...

Draft saved Draft deleted