Zombucks

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Hotpocket, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Hey I remember these. I didn't really get into them but I did pick up 5 of the last ones The Saint. She was a zombie hunter standing on a pile of bones with a burning capitol building in the background and the latest zombies severed head in her clutches. What a killer design!

The Walker is good but The Saint is the best imo

The Barber is good too. They shoved a pair of scissors in his eye. An awesome design on so many levels

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I've yet to get that one for my barber type set.

Bman33 likes this.
  4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i like the last one best....
    The-saint-for-blog-300x300.jpg

Cascade and Bman33 like this.
  5. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I got in late too starting with the Merc. I really miss collecting them. :(

6. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The guy I bought them from is also a member of my coin club. He had all of them but the Walker. Will try to get the Saint next. Sure there is more out there if you looked.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Wanted to know what kind of a deal I got on these. I paid $30 for the Zombie Morgan and $26 each for the zombie Merc and Peace.

8. longnine009

Sound like good prices to me. Especially the Morgue Anne for $30.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Bman33 likes this.
  9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'll go for the Saint next from him. The Walker will be tough.

10. longnine009

Yeah, the Walker seems to be the favorite for most people. It's definitely my favorite.

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Provident has the proof whole set selling for $400. Not bad considering I'll be spending about $300 to get the regular set.

longnine009 likes this.
  12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I was going through my Zombucks and on my Murk Diem there is a small black mark on the rim. This is lame because it is my favorite one. I tried dipping a q-tip in acetone and rolled it over the spots. Still there. Any sugguestions? I may give it an Acetone bath over night to see if that works.

13. Silvertip1958

Silvertip1958 Member

I don't think it is right that Provident is selling MS coins of the Zombucks set. They set cut off dates for purchases and this was a limited mintage by date. Now I am going to guess and say they have left over inventory and have found a way to continue selling their excess. They should have been melted. If the US mint did this with coins 5 years after a limited mintage, there integrity would drop considerably and if this is what Provident is doing, then their limited mint sales will drop and they will lose more than they are making in the surprise new MS zombucks. That is my humble opinion and only one person who won't buy their limited mint coins again.

14. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The only Zombucks that Provident is selling right now are Graded Proofs. They are also selling Proof Sets. They did stop the regular ones awhile back.

15. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

It's been awhile since I have been on here but I did promise to post pics of my completed box and set.
    All the cards. Copper (top left), proof copper (top right), silver (bottom left), proof silver (bottom right) and real American coin (center)...
    20161023_132800.jpg
    Side view open box...
    20161119_164428.jpg
    Side view closed box...
    20161119_164403.jpg Front view complete with authentically signed autograph from Heidi Wastweet on bottom left corner.
    20161119_164340.jpg

All said and done, $2,781.51 Not counting cards, coin capsules and materials to build the box.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

You can buy the complete before and after sets both in copper and silver on EBAY

17. dave_in_delaware

dave_in_delaware Active Member

Dang. I only found out about this series a week ago. They're definitely something I'd love to get my hands on, but by now I'm sure they're selling at high premium prices.

Provident only seems to have slabbed coins on their website.

18. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I just got an email from Provident about more Zombucks being available in random coin selling. Good price at $19.91 each. I'm tempted mostly for flipping purposes.

19. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

Cool! My son will love a couple these for a Christmas.

20. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I just ordered 10. You will have to sign up for there news letter and get a link on Youtube. Just look up provident metals Zombucks.

21. Silverbil47

Silverbil47 Well-Known Member

This may seem trivial, but I'm a little miffed that Provident went back on their word concerning this series. Each of the 10 releases were sold for a 3 month period and then the issue was closed, or so we were told (with the exception of proofs). This all but guaranteed a relatively small mintage and future appreciation in values of the rounds. I have a problem with the explanation of "returns and buy backs". So now instead of melting any left overs and protecting the integrity of the series Provident has decided to promote more new BU coins to deplete their inventory. I guess we can expect the same now with the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse series.
    I really enjoyed the Zombucks Series and look forward to possibly a second series but I can assure you the numbers I purchase will be less. Thanks for letting me rant!

Draft saved Draft deleted