Zombucks

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Hotpocket, Aug 28, 2013.

1. tizofthe

tizofthe New Member

Provident is not only getting greedy with the orders but not replying to any errors on there part. Before the actual sale began for the new Diem. It was available for sale (like all the others) before the actual release date at approx 1.28 under the spot rate. Today's silver rate is higher than when I purchased on the 3rd and the coin is less today then when silver was higher. So what happend to there there so called 2.99 over spot zombucks. I guess Provident sets there own silver market value? I'm tired of getting ripped off by these guys with no email replies and or phone being out of order. They have shorted me on airtites and over charged on Zombucks. Not to mention the quality has gone way down hill. At 25.01 per coin I could have have purchased 2014 ASE. I'm following suit just like a lot of there collectors and staying away from Provident!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

I am so glad I dumped most of my Zombucks when they hit $50 per on ebay. I still have a couple tubes of randoms mostly the Zombuffs but the quality is dog crap. Like many before myself have said these are basically junk .999 silver.

4. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

While everyone is dumping them.... I'm sitting here in my room rocking back and forth in a corner wishing I have money to buy them.

I have 5 of each from each series.

5. so for those dumping them, anyone want to give me a Silver Walker. Need it to complete my set up to this point:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

6. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

I would sell u a walker

wishingman42 likes this.
  7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

8. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

9. The Peace Dollar is a personal fav, so i am really excited for the Feast. Looks beautiful.

10. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Yes, that will be a good one!

11. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

Anyone guess what I'm doing?

Attached Files:

treylxapi47 likes this.
  12. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

If I asked your mother, she'd say you're making a mess...

Duplicating the Feast is my answer

13. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

Oh the rare art of WOOD BURNING.

14. Are you making a custom display box?

15. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

Not so much a display box as much as it is a holder. I designed and built a box that will hold 10 velvet cards that hold 5 coins each. Each card will have the copper, proof copper, silver and proof silver coins. The center coin is the original Minted Coin that the zombucks coin is designed after. The box is velvet lined and is slotted. Each card has it's own slot. The box will be hinged with a flip latch.

16. You realize you HAVE TO show up when its done, right? Sounds great.

17. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

My wife and I just bought our first home and I am busy with that so I haven't had time to work on it but I will post pics when I can get it finished. here are some progress pics for now...
    Main portion of box. I still have some burning and stain to do.
    20141116_092057_resized.jpg
    Card with coins
    20141116_092117_resized.jpg
    Main box with cards in it.
    20141116_092403_resized.jpg No hinges or latch installed but you get the idea.
    20141116_092432_resized.jpg 20141116_092448_resized.jpg
    All the cards to date
    20141116_092229_resized.jpg
    The Morgue Anne card has the error coin in the center instead of the real Morgan Dollar. I have the real Morgan Dollar but decided to use the error coin instead.

ascrane, Tinpot, treylxapi47 and 3 others like this.
  18. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

I had an idea for a real nice display board and I wanted to put 2 sets together but these coins are way too pricey for me to afford it.
    Adding in the real minted coins, I'm already into this set for $813.50 and that's not counting the cards, air tites or wood to build the box

19. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

That case is super cool. Provident should hire you.

ascrane likes this.
  20. JimmyS

JimmyS New Member

I wish they would! I could use the money.

21. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Super cool!

Quick question though, and this is just me being weird, but why did you choose to use the American Silver Eagle to represent The Walker Zombuck instead of a Walking Liberty Half-dollar?

I actually never put the walker with the ASE even though that does make a lot of sense. Just always associated it with the half dollar.

Draft saved Draft deleted