Youtubers on the Silver Rampage Predicting $130 an Ounce?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

All of these calculations assume that gold and silver will trade in tandem. Which they don’t necessarily do.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Absolutely, I'll do the same! :D

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It still wouldn't. Financial Armageddon gun, food, medicine, water are what would be in demand not a metal you can't do anything with. Tobacco and booze would have more value than metals if the world fell apart.

We just saw the world basically shut down and it basically did nothing. The ones who think it's possible are just buying into the marketing of their bullion sellers

5. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

I predict silver will average $17 and gold $1500 for next 5 yrs...they're at their highs right now.

baseball21 likes this.
  6. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

wow, i have a piece of a bridge i can sell you, but i will keep the bridge...

Stevearino likes this.
  7. I don't have enough in it to be too worried if the markets take off. The sellers always like the nothing for something plan. We give you nothing, but a worthless certificate, for your 'investment' and admin fees. Then there are those that I see regular postings on, IN (the business site), an accidental 'millionaire' that is hawking their valuable stash, with a story of their riches.

8. fretboard

Yes keep it where the sun don't shine! :D

9. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

For those of you who BELIEVE utube for just about anything as far as prognostications go, I have some land I can make you a great deal on.
    (slightly under water)
    Semper Fi

10. fretboard

The youtube links that I post are to promote discussion only. I hope nobody believes everything they read or see on youtube but I really doubt that they do.

11. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

12. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

BUY LAND ON MARS! I don't know how many members get offers from Groupon.
    For several weeks, one of the sellers on that site was offering to sell land on Mars.
    I didn't click on the link so I can't give details. I'm going to search my old emails and if I find it, I'll post it on Coin Talk.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  14. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Silver is an industrial commodity, so if you think global GDP re-accelerates to 3%, then silver is in deficit and can move up to $30/oz.

If silver did go to $100/oz. (forget $130)....then gold would probably be close to $10,000/oz.

goldcollector and fretboard like this.
  15. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Found it! They're also selling on Planet Uranus.
    upload_2020-6-24_1-59-48.png

16. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yeah the low price of silver could be because of whatever Ted Butler's latest excuse is. Or it could be because they produce a billion + ounces every year nearly all as by product, or because it costs virtually nothing to mine, or because the market is perpetually flooded, or because there are billions and billions of ounces in extremely weak hands, or because it's so common it can still be found in circulation, or because oil is rock bottom cheap, or because there are trillions of ounces ready to be mined if the price ever actually went up much, etc etc. But I'm sure you guys will all like Ted Butler's latest excuse better than well ummm facts.

17. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Ok these numbers are at least in the realm of reason. Not like his nutjob numbers yielding a GSR of 15. Too many silvidiots who refuse to post anything that is anywhere close to possible. But silver $100 it's never happening. The price is currently being propped up by poor people all around the world hoarding a few ounces hoping their silver Powerball ticket hits. That's tens of billions of ounces that would come pouring out the woodwork long before $100, not to even mention the added production that would occur. Haven't we seen this program before. Gold, I'm pretty sure is going to set an all time high in 2020 while silver can't even get back to $20.

18. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Um, I doubt it personally but no need to laugh at an idea. Who called palladium to $2500 or rhodium to $6000?

Lots of scenarios where silver could be $130 and gold $3000. Almost all of them are BAD for the US economy, but one or two ok.

Like I said, I am not predicting it, but it's possible and I will not laugh at a person over it.

19. chungt

chungt Member

The answer is nobody knows and no one knew it if/when it happens. But it would take some serious crash for this to be reached. I wouldnt waste time listening to these guys who doesnt know much more than you.

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Why do you feel the need to do this?

21. fretboard

Wtf? Care to explain your comment here?

Draft saved Draft deleted