Your favorite kind

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Coin Chick, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

What is your favorite kind of silver and why? Is it in bar form? I think that 100 ounce bars are nice. My friend has these and she says that they are very easy to count.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ginger1

Ginger1 Member

It depends on everyone's situation. I would prefer the 100 oz. bars, and the 1000 oz. bars the best. My friends and family typically like the 100 oz bars, 10 oz. bars, and 1 oz. rounds the best. For storing large amounts, the 1000 oz. bars are most convenient. The 100 oz. bars are troublesome in very large quantities--it takes much more work to move 200 of them than it takes to move 20 big ones. My kids like the one-ounce rounds the best. Most people find the 100 oz. bars fascinating to hold in one's hand, and the 1000 oz. bars are typically considered too heavy to lift.

4. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

Well I don't want anything that is too heavy to lift. I think that the 100 ounce bars sound pretty decent.

5. Ginger1

Ginger1 Member

A local bullion dealer was convinced that a bar was a fake, hollowed out and filled with some substance like lead. The bar was slightly warped, and definitely doesn't pass the ring test. We decided to cut the bar and half and see what was inside...So confirm before you buy silver bar of any kind.

Draft saved Draft deleted