Your favorite Government-issued Silver Bullion coins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Are you speaking in keynesian
    tongues or Professor Irwin Corey tongues?

"No matter where you go there you are." Professor Corey

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Just musing on why some people are endlessly fascinated by some chemicals more than others. Drill down far enough and it's ultimately all the same junk at the subatomic level.

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

At some point it is not the same thing. Gold is not silver. If someone believes that it is, I'll be happy to buy it from them for the price of silver.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  5. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

As far as 1 Oz silver is concerned, ASEs are all I have... about 400 of them over many years, but none of the "numismatic" ones that go for very high premiums. I have often thought how it might have been to add a few of the "rare" or commemorative ones, but I've abandoned bullion in favor of more Morgan and Peace dollars.

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I'll sell you my silver at the price of gold...BTW, what about the Mexican Onza?

7. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Perth mint Wedge Tail Eagle. The 2014 and 2015 (first years of this series) have an image of a wedge tail eagle that is the most spectacular and unique of any eagle I've ever seen on a coin. I'm unable to download photos but if you aren't familiar with these there are lots on ebay. For me they are the only bullion coin that tops ASEs.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

I was getting all excited about the Australian 1/2 ounce shark series. I was preparing to buy the right Dansco millimeter-sized pages, I had ultra-primo examples I carefully bought in person, then WHAMMO, they announce it's three and done. :wideyed:

Kentucky and MisterWD like this.
  9. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Well, there you go... and the reason I collect coins is because philosophy does not interest me.

10. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Not into investment silver at above the value of silver the silver itself, but this:

IMAG0444.jpg

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Literally nearly EVERYTHING about the human thought process interests me. Usually astounds me too.

MisterWD likes this.
  12. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Your eclectic nature shows up a lot on CT. I'm usually nodding my head in agreement when reading your posts. How many degrees do you have and in what?

13. V. Kurt Bellman

The specific cause for my fascination with the human thought process is highly personal. I had a near-death cerebral hemorrhage in summer of 2009, and I have studied the crap out of the brain since then with anything I can get my hands on. It kept me from panicking. Understanding things is my personal defense mechanism. That event also marks my transition from a fairly casual numismatist to a fairly maniacal one.

All of my formal degrees are in economics, but I have certificates in several other fields, including IT subjects.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  14. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Wow! Hope you're A-okay now. Cerebral hemorrhage is what killed my mother.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

I am A-Okay as long as I have access to about 8 fairly cheap pharmaceuticals. If I don't take them, I'm a dead man in about 8-10 days.

16. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Yes! This would have been a great series. I received my first Tiger Shark for free during a promotion last year. I was planning on going back to buy the preceding Hammerhead and initial Great White, but decided not to once I learned the Tiger Shark was the last offering. How disappointing. There are hundreds of species of sharks. They could have done a great series.

Draft saved Draft deleted