You think gold will surpass $2,000 by December 2020?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Apr 19, 2020.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Might be best to go back 15 years to clear the puncturing of the housing bubble in 2006-09.

BARRON'S has had numerous articles over the years noting that real estate appreciation is highly skewed to fast-growing or wealthy areas or locations near those two demographics.

Curious....Caterpillar is near Des Moines, but I'm not sure they've been expanding in that area.....what else would account for housing demand there the last decade to drive up prices ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Sorry, I misspoke earlier. The house price I was referring to was sold in 2007 before the burst, so 13 years ago.

Des Moines is an insurance and agriculture town. No Cat plants anywhere near it, though it has a John Deere plant, (for about 75 years) and some others.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

what about the other states you mention Ohio, Georgia and Minnesota? doubling in value? something is odd about the Des Moines scenario

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

My rental house is up about 60% over its 2007 peak in MN, and similar experience in OH, (Columbus suburb) and Atlanta suburbs. Maybe its just areas doing better economically, but definitely not just the coasts. The same thing on the coasts are double minimum in many major areas.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted