You bought GRADED bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Detecto92, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Yes I did, and here is why.

I bought a MS69 2009 ASE for $45 out the door.

A raw ASE was going to cost me $38 out the door.

So for $7 more, it comes in a holder, that will fit in the PCGS box along with my other coins.

To me, I don't really consider it a waste, because if I was to ever sell, the PCGS holder still adds premium to it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

ASEs are cross-overs anyway, at least in my mind. You want pure bullion, buy a bar at spot. The Eagles look better in slabs than most coins, at any rate.

4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

How about toned graded bullion?

[​IMG]

5. aandabooks

aandabooks Member

I've got a couple pieces of graded bullion. 2011 Kook and 2012 Koala. Also have a 2008w ASE but it is more towards numismatic and not just standard bullion.

6. To each their own. I have seen some people pay multiple hundreds for a piece of bullion in plastic with will colors. I am a firm believer of collect what YOU like.

7. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Proof graded bullion anyone?

[​IMG]

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Such a beautiful coin.......who the devil need a holder?

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

With that said, yes I do own one. I ain't proud of it :)devil:) but it does reside in an MS-69 NGC slab which I got from Teletrade after redeeming some 'green stamps (rewards points), only I can't find the image at the moment. Hence the raw pic of a collector piece straight from the mint dressed up in a bland, ordinary, run of the mill, everyday capsule.......

9. Taribor

Taribor Don't know what I don't Know

Good for you. The people who rip graded bullion crack me up; many of them won't think twice about spending $50 on a rare quarter. Bullion coins are still coins; they have mintages, key dates, etc, so in my mind there is zero reason to think twice about collecting them for the collector value. Personally I do both; I stack regular bullion silver, and also pay a premium to collecte PR69/70 eagles and britannias. As Log Potato says, its all about what you like.

10. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I have a difficult time seeing ASE's, or any beautiful coins for that matter, as bullion.

The word bullion conjures up images like this...

[​IMG]

11. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

A Wise Choice/Investment?

I constantly have purchased Proof TPG graded "bullion", and it has presented me with the most enjoyable viewing and ROI.

Graded "moderns" can be both enjoyable to collect and a great "investment" if one understands market desirability. Wise Choice!! JMHO :thumb:

12. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

\\
    [​IMG]

Sure do...[​IMG]

13. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Graded bullion?...Sucker! Make sure that you get the all important First Strike designation.:thumb:

14. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Posts like this are what tick me off. What makes you think that your way is the only right way? Why is anyone a 'sucker' for doing it any way but your way. You are no better than anyone else here. Calling someone 'sucker' doesn't earn you any respect.

15. John14

John14 Active Member

I have a rule to buy all Pandas graded.

16. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Whatever, sorry for having an opinion.

17. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You are entitled to your opinion and encouraged to express it. You are not entitled to disrespect the opinions of others that are different from yours.

18. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I am friends with Tim and I am just pulling his leg a bit, so just relax.

19. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I don't think there is a right or wrong in this, but I do think the people that pay outlandish money to build a set are being hoaxed. I get it that you want the complete set of whatever it is in whatever grade by whatever TPG. To go out and build a set with all the different labels to have the most complete and highest point total to your set? That one I just don't get....

20. chip

chip Novice collector

remember always buy the slab, fuhgeddabout the coin, oh wait a minute, reverso that

21. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

you had me

and then ya lost me

Draft saved Draft deleted