Year end sale?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Rono, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy folks,

Can't speak for others but in addition to being a collector, I'm a stacker. And as a stacker, right now the prices are very attractive. In my case, I'm buying all of my 2016 annual bullion coins - at least the ones that are now available. That said, I really don't see the prices rising until the Fed starts raising rates.

Some nice looking coins - leafs, 'tads, pandas, kooks, koalas, roos, philies, brits.

Esta bueno.

peace,

rono

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is what you are asking but if you are looking to buy coins on Cointalk I would recommend posting in the "Want to Buy" forum. It is against the rules to ask on here.

4. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I agree with coinman1234, members are always posting. Good Luck. :)

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Guys, Rono is not trying to buy or sell anything here on the forum. He is simply stating his plans to purchase the new 2016 Bullion coins as they come out since he feels the prices are attractive now. That is it.....

6. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Apologies all around; I was only emphasizing what coinman1234 had said; didn't mean to imply that he was trying to buy or sell on this particular forum. :sorry:

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I knew that.......how the devil others didn't, I'll never know.......

8. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

I agree Rono, I bought three 2016 Libertads! I've never owned one before, so I'm looking forward to receiving it :)

9. Rono

Rono Senior Member

So very sorry. Never in a million years would I go biz on this bbs. Geez folks, while I have posted in a while, I'm not quite the virgin some would lead you to believe. teehehe ;-)

peace,

rono

Kentucky and coinman1234 like this.
  10. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy campers,

Sorry for my miscommunication. I was only stating for the board that I am acquiring silver bullion at these prices. What is fortunate for my miserably dumb behind, is that we're seeing some market lows in the POS. Works for me. I've still got to order my annual tube of ASE's and a few other crowns that haven't hit the streets.

What's curious is that my 'old' adage was to always buy silver when it was under $5. Then to always buy silver under $10. Now it's always buy silver under $20.

In some circles, they call it Dollar Cost Averaging.

We call it stacking.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

11. Yorkazuna

Yorkazuna Junior Member

I always thought a "stacker"( as I consider myself) was someone who put away as much bullion as possible. It seems to me that buying new issues at a premium is a poor way to stack. I'll wait till 2017 or 2018 to buy 2016 gold or silver issues.

12. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Don't worry, way worse stuff has happened involving the rules :). I pretty sure that everyone on here understands that it is a mistake. :)

13. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

People are way too sensitive and up tight on these forums...it supposed to be fun!

Earl Clark and green18 like this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Exactly what do you mean by that...I'm considering being offended...on second thought...nah : - )

fish4uinmd likes this.
  15. stoster38

stoster38 Member

From my buying experience dealers almost always seem to charge more for the previous years coins. So not sure if this strategy would work out. Maybe if the price of silver keeps going down.

16. Yorkazuna

Yorkazuna Junior Member

It's worked well for the last 2 years, it doesn't work when prices are moving north.

Draft saved Draft deleted