Would You Rather Have $2,000 Worth Of Silver Or Gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Maxim Hofstede, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Maxim Hofstede

Maxim Hofstede Active Member

In my opinion SILVER! I was always kind of fond of the dull silvery metal, whats your opinion
    GL&HH

coinman1234 and swamp yankee like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Which would be more likely to make your pants fall down? $2K in silver or $2K in gold?

Chris

4. Maxim Hofstede

Eh, good point

swamp yankee likes this.
  5. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'd take the gold , like Chris said so elegantly , it's smaller dollar for dollar .

Maxim Hofstede and swamp yankee like this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

silver.... you can sell it off slowly if you choose to.

7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You can look at it both ways, Rusty!

If you don't like walking around with your pants around your ankles, then take the gold. However, if you want to sell a little off and still have some left over, then buy the silver.

Chris;)

Maxim Hofstede likes this.
  9. GotSilver?

GotSilver? New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but with gsr at roughly 70:1 shouldn't the answer be silver?

10. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

GOLD! all i have is a 1/10 oz gold eagle, i want something bigger!

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Silver. You can double your money more easily than Gold. Besides, have you ever heard of stacking Gold?

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

13. For the first $2000 I like silver. After that I would look at some gold. As already mentioned $2000 in gold is much more portable than silver but silver is more divisible than gold.

14. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

Eh, $2,000 in silver is what, roughly 5 tubes of ASE's? A good fanny pack can solve the problem of falling pants.....OR just forget about wearing pants and wear the fanny pack!

Maxim Hofstede likes this.
  15. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I couldn't decide. I bought 2 pre '33 gold Indians and a 10ozt bar of silver. It can't hurt to own both!

ken454, rzage and Maxim Hofstede like this.
  16. Maxim Hofstede

Wow I thought everyone would say gold!

17. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Definitely the way to go . Right now I have a lot of silver , and only a few gold coins . I'll keep picking up silver as it's cheap (relatively) and will try to add a few more oz. of gold .

18. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

I love playing with my stacks of silver .... beautiful art from world mints ...so lovely to look at ....... forgive my of the wall question .. how do I start a new post referring to a eBay offer ?

19. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

Gold.

It's like the Mary Ann or Ginger debate, some will say they would prefer Mary Ann, but everyone really wants Ginger. :beaver:

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You just keep telling yourself that, and keep away from our Mary Ann. :)

KoinJester likes this.
  21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If you want to advertise your own auction, post it in the Advertising: Auction Listings forum; you can do this once per week.

If you want to reply to a listing in that section, you can't. Nobody can, except moderators or administrators.

If you want to talk about an eBay auction that isn't yours, just start a thread about it -- I usually use the Coin Chat forum, but depending on the auctioned item, it might make sense to use one of the other Coin Forums.

If you have more questions about this, it's best to start a separate thread in the Cointalk Members: Support and Feedback forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted