Will you still purchase when prices are high?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Comixbooks, Feb 12, 2016.

1. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

SALT I GET YOUR POINT....but I have been purchasing Silver over a several years 100.00 dollars or so a month it adds up.......... but not, a strong investor as you stated. If the market ever gets back up to 35 plus I could double my investment.. I think it has a better chance than the 50.00 a month on Power Ball I was doing and if the Silver doesn't not HIT the high water mark then my grandkids can blow it or whatever they chose to do..........

saltysam-1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I am still at the learning experience level. I did sell most of my silver two weeks ago when it was $17.50. I bought when it was at $14.20 in January. Because of the premiums I paid when I bought I didn't make much money.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Both you guys are on the right track. It's just a case of shifting gears at the right time. Even that has a margin of error when the time comes. You do the best with your own judgement. Then cross your fingers and pray.

5. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

The perfect opportunity came up today - and I went large.

Everyone was out having a good time - and not at the auction house today. It was hot, it was sunny - but most of all, nobody was bidding.

This is a combination of 14k and 18k solid tested gold.

38 grams of 18k and the rest is 14k.

Ironically the Krugerrands that were for sale went for above melt - the jewelry shown went far below. I think I averaged about 65% of melt today.

Off to the SDB for a rainy day... :)

upload_2016-5-28_18-25-21.jpeg

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

YOU SUCK Brett :p

Were the pieces sold individually or in lots?

7. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Most pieces were sold individually. There were a few sets of small charms that were sold in lots.

There were even a few more nice finds - some Masonic and Eastern Star pins sold in some "collectible lots" that I picked up. I just finished testing and 4 small pieces turned up to be 14k gold - one with diamonds. Only a couple grams worth of gold - but for $15, I'll take it.

Cascade likes this.
  8. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Would you guys consider silver purchases with spot under $20.00 still a low price?

9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

It's going to go back down it sells better at lower prices Dealers know this....

10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Bought 30oz yesterday for $600. I'm still buying monthly. I did find out this though: Most dealers have plenty of inventory so their buy back price is lower right now. The guy I sell to usually buys back rounds at spot. Right now he is buying back at $0.20 under spot. I called another LCS that was buying rounds a few months back at $0.25 over spot and now they are buying at $1.00 under spot. Big change at that shop.

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

With a possible market correction are any of you waiting on silver to go down to a certain price then start buying again?

12. Pap4tinker

Pap4tinker Active Member

Im hoping for $17 but will buy some soon. Im new at this, but as I understand it, mining price is around $19.

13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Anyone make any purchases recently? I'm going to get a few ounces tomorrow. Just want a temperature reading from those out there. 19.50 right now.

14. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Hey B-Man, just purchased some silver from Provident and paid around 15X face for five dollar face value.

Bman33 likes this.
  15. STU

STU Active Member

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

With silver at $19.06 right now I'm going to my dealer. I might get 13.5-14x Face. Just going to get $4.75 face to complete a roll of quarters.

Draft saved Draft deleted