Will you still purchase when prices are high?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Comixbooks, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

When just a few weeks ago silver was below 14.00
    Gold right now is just downright expensive again.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

God right now is just downright expensive again.

It's those bishops and their Lexus habit.

5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i was buying when it was at 20-22, why would i not buy at 15...and actually did just order 10 oz..

Joe2007 likes this.
  6. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I will.

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Nope! Barring a major disaster, PM's are going lower in the long run. I'm sitting on enough, that I bought over 20 years ago, to get me through whatever happens.

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I'll continue to buy the dips and pullbacks as I did all last year.

Thanks to diligent investment and sticking to my plan, my DCA is around $1190 right now for gold, and $14.80 on silver. Less if you count all the junk sterling and gold jewelry I picked up at auction.

Meanwhile, I'm also waiting for $800 gold as everyone said it would get to. But just in case it doesn't - I'm not missing the boat. :)

Paul M. and slackaction1 like this.
  9. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I have 3 hits off my Craigslist ad this morning all for gold and I would guess that's from gold going up yesterday.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You bet I'll buy. It went up and people will be selling so the price will drop back down. It's still cheap so buy it. :)

11. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Dittos.

12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Heck yeah I would still buy if my sdb wasn't so packed. If we have broken the downtrend, which looks like a HIGH possibly, it's still extremely cheap. Luckily I made a big move at $14 as I saw all this instability on the horizon so I'm fully ready for a strong uptrend :)

Joe2007 and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If you're thoroughly convinced that PMs are going lower in the long run, why are you sitting on your current holdings, instead of selling them now so you can replace them later at a lower price?

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Because we are not mind readers and we do not have crystal balls. Buying lower just averages our current holds to a lower price. :)

Brett_in_Sacto and slackaction1 like this.
  15. Joe2007

Joe2007 Well-Known Member

Probably will continue to a bit here and there unless we get back into the 20's.

16. JimOfOakCreek

JimOfOakCreek Member

17. GoldApollo

GoldApollo New Member

Depends if you're going long-term investment, may still be worth it. With the financial crisis and its echoes at bay, should still push price up higher.

18. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I am still buying some when the price is right. I like numismatic, but not pricey, so they still have some value when the price of silver goes down.

19. isaiah58

isaiah58 Member

Define "high prices?"

I stick with silver. One day hope to be able to afford to include gold. I prefer a fist full of silver over a tenth ounce gold piece.

During the last spike, I bought silver into the low $30's. In general, I consider generic under $20 (all in) my limit. At around $17 today, $18 for ASEs, I buy what I can when I can.

20. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Picked up a 1924 St. Gaudens dbl eagle today. Unsure of Coinworld "hand labeled slab" with grade of MS62+ - but even circulated, I paid melt plus shipping. With ebay bucks bonus and 2% cash back - ~25 over melt delivered.

Pictures weren't enough to grade on - so I'm assuming worst case.

If it grades out as MS62 or better (as it states) - there will be a bit of a premium after NGC has their way with it.

First things first, get it in hand and authenticate it. :)

21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I sat and thought for a good while this morning about a raw 1911-D that showed up with a BIN of $1190, free shipping. A hair under melt, even without considering eBay bucks -- but I'm in less of a position to speculate right at the moment than I was a few years ago. Assuming it's real, though, someone got a good deal. It took longer than I thought for someone to snag it.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted