Will silver hit $16 an ounce today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Sep 3, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

Seems he did.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Does this mean she gets another new pair of shoes? :D

4. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

certainly. if that is my case. i will spent most on clothing and shoes.

5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

That's a whole lotta shoes....

6. PeacePeople

There is a landowner in town here that actually stopped buying property inssurance and bought a whole lot of pm as property insurance. I don't know how much she has, but I did help her move 3 safes into her house and we needed a backhoe to get them up 4 stairs after wrecking the tailgate on a trailer with the first one. I'd just like to go and see what she has and put it on a scale, just for kicks. Yes, she hates insurance companies and if she didn't have to I doubt she would have car ins also.

7. elaine 1970

silver ask at $16.30. open high tonight.

8. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Pretty sure you can be self insured (may need to become a company), but it takes $$ in the bank as backing.

9. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

I have been stashing 10 oz a week, if it hits $17.50 I will cash and rest.

Much like the Ford stock I bought at $2 , ya gotta know when to get out. It hit 8$ last month, yee haw.

I am happy:thumb:

10. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I bet those 2 shares really broke the bank. ;) j/k

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Good point!

Personally, I'm a buyer, not a seller. I know we're supposed to trade coins like stocks...but I do that with stocks; I collect coins. I find that some interesting coins hit the market when prices get high enough.

12. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i plan on holding on to my stuff for the long haul. if prices go down i will buy more. if prices skyrocket i will sell a portion of what i have stockpiled. :rolleyes:

13. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

If you don't have a mortgage you can do whatever you want, most people get insurance on property or a vehicle because the lender requires it in the first place. That said, these days a lot of insurance companies are finding ways to cancel insurance on policies anyway they can. One of my homeowners insurance policies was just cancelled because I put the home up for sale!

As for auto insurance, I worked for a major oil company that self insured, which was allowed in California. Basically you have to put up a sum of money, then it was $30K per vehicle in a bond with the state to exempt the company from having to purchase insurance through insurance carriers. Most people are not going to come up with that sum of dosh to self insure.

14. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I myself dont think the 30k bond is a good way to go. people sue fast these days and 30k isn't what it used to be. I think having insurance is mostly a good idea.I have a million dollar home and if it burned down I could never recover without insurance.

15. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think any price under $20 is an acceptable buy price. I'm not in this to make a couple of dollars per ounce. Unlike most others here, I think silver has trememdous potential to move to prices undreamed of. I don't have a set price target. I'll sell when the price goes parabolic, as it normally does in the end stages of a bull market. So it is more market psychology than mathematics. I think we are still very early in the bull market for silver.

16. PeacePeople

Does anybody think the $.20 drop is due to the quick investors sell off. At $16 I'm sure a lot of people sold some, and I still think it will rise over the long haul.

17. krispy

krispy krispy

Well none of those folks really responded yet to my inquiry as I suspected they might not want to say or would pause to think about the current price still being worth buying at even if selling silver they bought at $6/oz. years ago for $20-$25/oz. sometime maybe soon.

I agree with you that silver has huge potential, that it is likely to demonstrate prices never known to many of us and likewise it is definitely worth continuing to buy at it's current levels.

18. PokerKing

PokerKing Junior Member

According to coininfo.com, silver is $16.22 right now. I think it will go over $20 in the near future with whats going on in the country. It was over $20 March 2008.

19. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i actually hope it takes another quick dip down so i can buy some more.:eek:hya: i liked buying it at $12-$13 an oz. if not let it rise so i can sell what i have and make some $$$ or i could just sit on it for a few years and see what happens. its all tucked away so i cant touch it anyways. safer for me so i dont mess with it:thumb:

20. elaine 1970

no more cheap bullion now.

american eagle:
    2009 - $19.37
    2008 - $20.37
    2007 - $20.37

lunar II:
    2009 - $21.38 (year of the tiger)
    2008 - $22.38 (year of the ox)
    2007 - $24.38 (year of the rat)

canada maple leaf: