Will silver hit $16 an ounce today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Sep 3, 2009.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I am amazed that it is climbing right now.

Anybody have any ideas why?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

$15.96 high today. that should consider $16.00 in my view. but should i sell it. no. i will sell some if it pass over $25.00.

4. Dammage

Dammage Junior Member

I hope not. I just got into pm's and don't have nearly enough for prices to keep raising.

5. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

This just keeps me roll searching for silver halves.

:D

6. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I myself am 100% loaded with silver already! I will sell just above $16.00

7. PeacePeople

At $17.50 I will make a whole lot of $$$ if I sell, but I'm still not selling then.

8. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Just dont get greedy and wait too long! What goes up will go down even faster!

9. PeacePeople

I have a threshold that if it hits, I will sell 1/2. The max I bought anything at was $12/oz (other than coins, obviously), so I'm not too worried. I was actually hoping it would drop so I could buy some more, but I am not disappointed that it is rising, at all.

10. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

I'm a seller at $17, I have accumulated a small stash of generic business and proof strike ASE's that will need a new home at that point.

11. Michelja

Michelja Junior Member

For those who are thinking of selling silver at $17.50, $25.00 etc suggest looking closely at the fundmentals before making a decision. Very compelling right now. If you google Ted Butler (one of the foremost silver analyst in the world) you can read his articles. Its all about manipulation and demand.

12. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Silver is above $16 now. Time for you to sell and for us to see if you have the dicipline to follow your own plan. LOL.

13. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Coin value calculations use the 1:30 PM EST silver price for September 03, 2009:

Silver $16.17/oz up $0.79

Wow!

14. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

Hard to beleive just 4 or 5 years ago it was as low as $6.

15. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Not selling. Still holding.

16. PeacePeople

Now I have a follow up question.

Do you think it will close at or above $16/oz today?

My guess (yes, guess) is just under.

17. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

I won't sell until it hits 21 or so. :)

But I'm glad to see it going up

18. krispy

krispy krispy

So, I'm curious, for all of you who will not sell until $20, $21, $25 or whatever your personal thresholds are set at, are you still buying at today's prices to sell when those limits arrive? There's a way to go yet for some of your limits.

19. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

It was a great time to be buying like I was, $1000 bags, 100oz'ers, Mercury dimes up the wazoo. I think of PM's as insurance, nothing more. I don't buy and sell them frequently and just hold for the long term. It was a great time to get into AU too, prices pale by comparison to now.

20. PeacePeople

I thought it would settle just under 16. (wrong again, drats...)

Is this the sign it is heading north or just a blip? Anyone care to venture a guess, or informed opinion?

21. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I dont know but I just sold 500 silver eagles back to AMPEX!. I am now down to only 1000 silver eagles. If the price stays the same or goes up tomorrow I will sell them the rest! but if the price drops down to $8.00 tomorow I guess I will hold them.

Draft saved Draft deleted