Will silver go up or down?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Revi, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Silver is headed down this morning. Will it go up or down from here? What do you think and why?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It will go wherever it wants unless you have a trillion dollars to do something about it.

Chris

4. Birdman#33

Birdman#33 Member

I apologize for the typo above. My hopes is that it will go up as I am always buying silver.

5. Birdman#33

Birdman#33 Member

I'm hoping it will go up as I keeping more and more.

6. mike1740coins

mike1740coins Junior Member

I'm hoping it continues to go down so I can continue to buy at these prices, not often I couldn't afford to buy at $30. I do hope it goes up after I buy more.

phankins11 likes this.
  7. crazyinside

crazyinside Member

I'm hoping after the holidays it tanks, I'd like to see it at 8/oz for at least a few years so I can buy all the cool stuff I want :D

NOS likes this.
  8. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

He's my prediction:

Silver with either go up, or down, or stay the same for the period of infinity.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Will silver go up or down?

yes

Jwt708, spirityoda and saltysam-1 like this.
  10. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

If you are still buying why are you wanting it to be going up? I am buying again at these new levels, but I would be tickled pink if it went down further. The only ones that should hate pm not going up would be in the process of selling their pm.

11. onecenter

onecenter Member

I just keep snapping up those nice and cheap crown-sized proof coins from all over the globe.

12. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I have a plan for it going down and a plan for it going up. My personal hope is that it stays where its at or continues down to around 10 an ounce...that way I can make up some of my lost in value through dollar cost averaging :) One can only hope though...I bought a few weeks ago when it hit right at 15.

Its funny how this whole thing works on a psychological level. When I was sinking some "extra" money into silver in 2011 I was lamenting...or maybe the better term is wishing I had bought when the prices was at $15 in, I think it was 2008 or before...somewhere around there...anyway...I was kicking myself for not buying then. Told myself if it ever does go back to 15 or lower that I need to buy buy buy...in 2013 when it started really tanking, of course, my reaction was to cry and wine on how much $$ i was loosing, then a few weeks ago when it hit 15 it took every bone in my body to click the buy button. I've been pretty happy with the decision so far.

I figure at this point if it has to be a looooooong term investment (longer than my original plan was) then so be it...the low prices have kept me from selling, which have kept me from spending, which has kept me with something to show for my money, even if it has gone down in value temporarily. I know long term it will be a good asset to have.

Just my two cents...which is not what you asked for...but it just came out

13. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Where's the Homey (enima'em) when you need him? I'm sure he'd give us an irrefutable answer.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    phankins11 likes this.
  14. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Now there's a betting man, if I ever saw one . . .

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I've never hesitated to go on record answering this question, and I don't hesitate now.

"Yes."

16. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

It will try to do both at the same time.

spirityoda likes this.
  17. Birdman#33

Birdman#33 Member

18. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Where is the Homie? I would like to hear what he has to say about this.

Silver is back to over $16 at least. I hope it hangs around that price for a while, or at least until I can find some silver to buy. Then it can go up.

19. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I bought at $23; I bought at $18; I'll buy again when it goes below $15 after Christmas. Heck; what do I know? I sold some of a poorly performing real estate fund to buy into a silver fund. The real estate fund had a great year and silver a poor one. Oh well, I always have 2015 to recover. I will eventually make money but it has moved to a long term investment now.

20. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I bought at $4 and sold a little when it was up, but now that I'm riding it down it doesn't seem like such a great investment any more. I'll bet that when I am about to give up hope it will start to come up again...

21. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Silver (or gold) price will definitely go up when the dollar index is weak and the euro index is strong. Thus, for the time being, it is gonna stay low for as long as the dollar index is strong. So, keep buying guys ;-)

Draft saved Draft deleted