Will dealers buy as much PMs as someone is willing to sell?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Gam3rBlake, May 2, 2021.

1. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Nope! It's called military housing.

Since when do jails have computers/cellphones and internet access?

fretboard and Zorrbabe like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gam3rBlake

Well obviously it would be checked out to make sure it's real.

If you buy a monster box of American Gold Eagles from the US Mint the odds of them being fake is 0%.

You're right the market could tank but the same thing applies to mortgages.

If I take out a loan for $500,000 to buy a house I have to make payments to the bank. What happens if the value of the house drops to $400,000?

The bank doesn't just take the house away. That's just how it works.

What if the market skyrockets and the gold is worth $1.5 million?

It's a risk/reward situation.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

it was A JOKE.

Zorrbabe and Kentucky like this.
  5. Gam3rBlake

Oh well idk its hard to tell online just from reading text.

IRL you can tell if something is a joke based on someone's tone and facial expressions.

fretboard, Zorrbabe and johnyb like this.
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I’m willing to bet the government doesn’t permit its authorized bullion dealers to do that.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  7. Gam3rBlake

No but authorized dealers sell to non-authorized dealers.

I know an LCS that buys from APMEX and they get a dealer discount.

FryDaddyJr and Santinidollar like this.
  8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

The bank asks usually 30% collateral for business loans.

Plus, the security would need to stay in place until repaid. How is the dealer supposed to sell the gold if the gold is needed to secure the loan?

Zorrbabe and Cheech9712 like this.
  9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Come on really. Just testing this new attempt at cut and paste. Did it wrong. I’ll get there

Zorrbabe and Kentucky like this.
  10. Cheech9712

Probably all of the jails. Y so full?

Zorrbabe likes this.
  11. Cheech9712

The bank asks usually 30% collateral for business loans.

Plus, the security would need to stay in place until repaid. How is the dealer supposed to sell the gold if the gold is needed to secure the loan? Did I cut and paste. I’m giving this member my best answer

Zorrbabe likes this.
  12. Cheech9712

I failed again

Zorrbabe likes this.
  13. Gam3rBlake

Well as they sell the gold they would be paying off the loan.

Because they would be getting paid for the gold and then they'd keep the profits and give the rest to the bank for the loan.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Not quite how the banking system works.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

As long as you accept there price why not ?
    they make money on volume, more they
    buy the more they can mark up and resale.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  16. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

Okay so here's the deal okay so basically they have email access that the person that's paying for it for example in Wisconsin you can put money on and each text you send is 50 cents and each text you get is 50 cents and you can do video chat also. It's also email and then when they rent the tablet they get offline games. They can't like scroll on the internet and go on Facebook or do anything like that they can just email and send text and find some person to send them money to do it. Cell phones go for an extremely high rate in prison and they are usually snuck in by the guards. There's a lot of corruption that goes on. But yeah they're giving prisoners tablets now it's like you can go on for 20 minutes and not have to pay for the renting of it an hour is a dollar and for 24 hours to listen to music and play games offline is five bucks. That's in St Croix Wisconsin so Wisconsin where Chris Watts is has tablet access it's like the state with the most benefits for fun in jail I guess I don't know

17. Zorrbabe

Oh they're not full here in ny we have a no Bella and I know somebody that has been arrested seven times since the original felony and got more felonies and bail jumping and is still not in jail so they're really not that full. If they don't have a no baila then you get out for like 500 because of the pandemic. Yeah in New York state you have to have like a really bad crime I'm talking really bad to go to jail. Otherwise they just let you out when the judge sees you. Because they don't want to make it unfair for people that can't afford to get out. Like so they stay out until they have their hearing and then maybe they'll go to prison. So prisons might still have a certain amount of numbers but they've got a lot of people out because of the pandemic and because of safety reasons. But they won't let Bill cosby o r Kelly out LOL

18. Zorrbabe

Interesting to think about

19. Zorrbabe

I guess it would depend on how much cash they have on them. Probably at that amount then there would be some kind of deal cut to be less money. You know when you buy in bulk

20. Gam3rBlake

It does in many other types of business.

For example small grocery stores.

They buy their inventory with money the bank loans them and then as they sell their inventory they pay off the loan and keep the rest as profit.

21. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

My LCS would make a couple of phone calls and have the gold or silver sold as soon as the purchase is complete. Ship the next day to his buyer. No dealer wants to sit on a huge purchase and then have the price drop.

Draft saved Draft deleted