Why most people buy PMs for the wrong reasons...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by NorthKorea, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

They may need to cool it down first. :nurse:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

And someone who needs to call people know-it-all's is frequently an uneducated name caller, who has no other apparent skills.

4. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

People? And frequently? Beyond making well-deserved know-it-all references about the rants of ONE person, please tell me who these people are and refer me to the frequent posts.

Regarding my education, it's all good. I just choose not to flaunt it or cram it down the throat of others who are here for much different reasons.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

One was. Another was a strident monetarist who was named Secretary of Banking by then-governor Shapp. As his career drew to a close, even he was convinced that monetarism was wrong, after having taught it for over 35 years. Today he lives in retirement as a committed Keynesian.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes, you're here to have an exclusive internal resonance chamber of rah-rah cheerleader precious metals nuts and advocates without having to hear from the real world. Sorry, real world here now.

7. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Of course, you are the ONLY person capable of enlightening us about the real world.

And FWIW, I'm quite fond of the precious metal nuts and advocates on this forum.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Well, maybe the only one who has no problem wading into the "belly of the beast" and telling truth to morons.

It's kinda my whole life's raison d'etre, if I'm being frank.

9. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Ahh, well, a CB isn't a physical building usually. Yes, it might be housed in a building, but the "bank" itself is a group of economists who consult with their respective country's treasury on how to best advance or stem economic growth.

Isn't the idea of a CB for ISIS basically the CBs of Iraq & Syria? (And in the broader case of ISIL, the ex-Israeli CBs of the Levant.) The Western argument remains that ISIS (and the broader ISIL) are state-funded terror.

Outside of that quirky definition, ISIS/ISIL would have no need for a CB, as they aren't attempting to control economic rates in the region.

Now to the entire ISIS/ISIL/DA'ESh naming... I still don't know how I feel on the Western choice to use the term Levant, when they really mean *maybe* Jordan. They probably chose ISIL (Iraq & Levant) since ISILS (Iraq, Lebanon & Syria) didn't sound so good. After all, DA'ESh refers to Damascus, which would be Syria & Lebanon, right?

(BTW, this got political way to fast, and I think might lead to the thread getting shut down, even though it was intended to be educational.)

10. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

How does somebody get away with calling the majority that post here morons? Interesting...

Truble likes this.
  11. V. Kurt Bellman

So you think that's you? Why exactly is that? I do it as a fulltime living, too. The people I work for have enough political sycophants. They can't swing a proverbial dead cat without hitting one. They have me to tell them what they NEED to, as opposed to WANT to, hear. And why is that? Because I'm the one NOT into electoral politics, just sound non-partisan policy, and have proven it my entire career.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  12. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

Attempting to lower the credibility others with feckless insults instead of raising their own with knowledge? Sure sign of a Keynes Zombie............. Or venereal disease. (lol)

13. V. Kurt Bellman

14. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

For someone that hates PM's so much, you have an awful lot to say on the subject. I'm sure if anyone here wants financial advice from you, Mr. V., they would ask.

Brett_in_Sacto and Danjohnson like this.
  15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Is that a "Western" choice? In much of Europe it's simply called "IS" ...

Christian

16. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Same person who actually thinks society decides what money is, it's actually Central Banks backed by the end of a government gun that decides what money is. But Keynesians need the full backing of government guns to normalize their insanity of massive debt and printing. Remember there can be no allowed competition to the Federal Reserve Note.

Danjohnson likes this.
  17. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

More "Economics is Hard Science" nonsense... I've already told you, I'm not an "academic economist" (I work for a living (lol) nor do I subscribe to the "Austrian theory". I only mention the Keynesian theory because Keynes was the academic "Moron" that helped design the current heist.

I'm a saver, let me save.

Brett_in_Sacto and Nathan401 like this.
  18. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Don't know about anyone else, but I can't take the flagrant self-promotion any longer. I'm gonna gather some of my moron friends and hang out in another thread.

I can only hope to be so darn important one day.

19. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Yup...wasted another 30 seconds...

Truble likes this.
  20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

... and even more seconds to state once again that your opinion differs from what somebody else wrote. :rolleyes:

Truble likes this.
  21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Hey everybody! It's today's SECRET WORD! <everybody screams really loud>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.