Why most people buy PMs for the wrong reasons...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by NorthKorea, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I have a TL15 that I can squeeze into ...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Here's your reality Kurt: I recently re-reviewed our "go-to" restaurant locally. From the horse's mouth so to speak.

Comment from Sam M. of Brookfields Restaurant
    Business Owner
    8/27/2016 Brett, we know you've been a longstanding fan of ours for years, so we're truly sorry to hear that… Brett, we know you've been a longstanding fan of ours for years, so we're(snipped useless info)

Regarding the prices, we've simply taken small, incremental increases in our pricing as the minimum wage has increased and benefits have become new requirements.

____

^^^^ Very politely put - eh?

YOUR medical plan to the peasants in the public sector is what is known as a "Cadillac" Plan. I understand that because taxpayers fund yours - it must be top notch.

I had a "Cadillac" plan - and our CEO called it exactly that - in the memo that we got informing us that our plans were being reduced in 2014 - and that we'd now be paying out of pocket - which we never had to do in the past - because our deductibles, co-pays and visit fees were zero.

So now I'm out of pocket each check to cover premiums - I've got co-pays and deductibles - which for my wife and I are now totalling to the tune of about $3000 per year. Oh yeah, I lost my plan and my doctor. :dead: More lies...

Must be nice to be part of the elite establishment - and live unlike the peasants.

In the last 3 years I've seen the following "fees" which are nothing more than illegal taxes - since the majority didn't vote on them - and the only way to pass was to call it a fee - and lie about it.

Paint - nothing more than a tax to expand the employment base "stewards" they say. https://www.paintcare.org/wp-content/uploads/docs/xx-factsheet-retailer-fee.pdf

Wood - 1% wood fee (TAX) assessed to all wood
    https://www.boe.ca.gov/industry/lumber_products.html

Batteries - a new $1 "car battery tax" for every car battery

Energy tax - minimum $10 bill (or $5 if you are subsidized) even if you use no gas or electricity. I pay $10 every month in the summer - even though my gas usage is less.

Energy tax - Solar premium on all energy sold in state

Sales tax - as if the bump due to raw price increase wasn't enough - now charging upwards of 10% sales tax in some jurisdictions. 9% is now state standard.

I could go on, but I'd rather not - and control my blood pressure - and stop indulging your lies.

Danjohnson likes this.
  4. Clawcoins

Don't forget the important mixture of potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal for those soft goods. Maybe some soft shelled tacos too to fuel the full metal jacket loading you have to do.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

My "visit fees" are not zero. They are cheap, but not zero. There is a smallish generic prescription co-pay, MUCH higher for brandname, and a HEALTHY penalty for non-emergency use of an ER. If they don't admit you, you pay "nasally". :greedy:

We have no paint fee. We have two well-advertised days a year when partially used paint cans can be "disposed of" - free. Otherwise, you self-store.

No wood fee either. I annually cut down more wood than I buy. I even burn some of it. I have no municipal trash or curbside recycling, either. I take to the recycling center myself (three blocks from my Amtrak station) what I can and BURN the rest. Yes, it's fully legal here and we have no drought declaration. I burned leaves on Sunday, too. MANY more to go.

No car battery tax, per se. But I get the option - I pay one price at point of sale, and I get an $8 rebate when I bring back the old carcass. I change them myself. There IS, however, a $2 tire disposal fee.

No energy tax. Other than the same small percentage it's always been. There is a minimum bill, just like always, but it's not a tax, it's an "account management fee" that all utilities charge.

Sales tax - 6% - not universal. 0% on all clothing, 0% on all groceries, 0% on many other goods, with collector coins and bullion being two examples. Pittsburgh and Philly have a 1% local sales tax. I don't shop much in either.

Sounds to me like you're in the wrong state, pal. Oh, our state doesn't waste money sending out "voter information pamphlets" or doing mailed ballots for the normally abled, either. Do your own research and show up on a singular Election DAY (remember those?). :smug:

There are three things that government taxes obscenely here:
    Gambling
    Alcohol
    Tobacco

I do NONE of the first and third, and VERY VERY little of the second.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  6. Clawcoins

7. V. Kurt Bellman

No gotz none of that gahbege here, either. Our minimum wage is $7.25 an hour and IT DOESN'T EVEN APPLY TO TIPPED WORKERS. I'm sure George pays no benefits, mandatory or otherwise. Most of his people are part-timers, and he wouldn't be under a mandate even if they WERE fulltime.

Sounds like you need a one-way ticket out of California to me.

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Don't come to Louisiana unless the idea of a 10 percent sales tax is appealing.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

Louisiana's appeal comes from its residents. California's pale in comparison. :D

10. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

The states have to collect some taxes. I get it, we gotta pay our fair share, we need roads, police and fire, we have some basic systems that need to function - and we get some services as well. I don't mind this - it's a bit painful sometimes, but that is what I consider a "fair share" for the collective cost of living in society.

The problem is that the politicians' greed continues to grow without conscience, and it's not one tax, it's every tax, and then inventing other ways to tax - that they know they can't call a tax - because the voters already said no, so they call it a FEE.

My furnace will cost twice what the one in Nevada did - because it's got to be "Certified" by California. 49 other states don't have an issue. In a way, this is a tax. The certification paid by the company that makes it, the permit process that the consumer must pay, and the sales tax - and the premium on the sales tax since it's a more expensive unit. And at the end of the day, the unit performs no differently - but has gained the state an extra couple hundred dollars in taxes along the way.

And it's all of the collective taxes. Some states don't have sales, or income, or they find lesser balances.

In order to support this state, they tax everything at maximum and every year they attempt to heap more on to support the bloat. And even with all they heap on and approve - the state still has the highest percentage of people collecting welfare in one form or another - and the highest paid bureaucrats around - and they intend to expand and feed the beast as much as it will eat.

As the saying goes - we're certainly paying for the weather...

11. Clawcoins

There be lotz of gahbege in California

last time I checked they had over 400 billion debt in unfunded liabilities.
    taxes, bonds, fees ... all income to help feed that debt burden.
    They need to do what Detroit did a few years ago, and use bankruptcy to right the ship. Though that would make the bond market go haywire, and stock market, et all. They'll need Arnold to come back in and clean ship even though he left office with a high deficit.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

I find the Columbia River gorge interesting - the Washington/Oregon border. Oregon - no sales tax, high income tax. Washington - flip flopped. Answer: live in Washington, shop in Oregon. Climb Mt. Hood, but that's not about taxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.